What we offer
IFTC offers a generous provision of briefings, seminars and training for postgraduate researchers via the Doctoral Training Centre. IFTC’s excellent industry links combine with the expert advice available within the Doctoral Centre to assist postgraduate researchers with choosing a career once they have completed their study.
|Stephen Powley||Connected vehicle security|
|Felix Batsch||Autonomous vehicle testing via simulation and machine learning|
A range of research degree opportunities are available at Coventry University.
For details on the formal application process and forms, please see Making an Application on the University’s website.
IFTC offers a range of opportunities for postgraduate research. These include:
- There are a number of open funded PhD opportunities available, typically providing a bursary in addition to covering the tuition fees.
- Funding is from a variety of sources, including both industry bodies and research councils.
- There are opportunities to study in partnership with international universities, completing part of the research project at the partner institution. The Cotutelle Programme in collaboration with Deakin University, Victoria, Australia is an example of one such opportunity offered by IFTC.
- View our available funded studentships.
- Are also frequently available within IFTC.
- View our available self-funded studentships.
One of the ways in which IFTC engages with industry is to offer the option of a supervised PhD project to commercial partners:
- Such projects are typically funded by the industry partner, and involve the centre overseeing a postgraduate researcher who will conduct research for the benefit of a specific commercial application.
- Not only does this benefit industry, it allows IFTC to offer a wider range of research opportunities than would otherwise be possible, and further allows the doctoral student to develop their own industry networks.
Regardless of funding option, postgraduate researchers benefit from the excellent facilities offered by the institute and the extensive network of academic and industrial experts.
To explore the research interests of our staff please visit the IFTC staff Pure Portal.