PhD in Global Education
The Centre for Global Learning (GLEA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified graduates to study a part-time, structured PhD in Global Education, delivered fully online from anywhere in the world.
The online PhD in Global Education is a structured PhD designed to develop you into an educational researcher with a global outlook. Using research to change yourself and society, this programme is ideal for those looking to undertake a PhD whilst working in an educational setting - wherever you are in the world.
Aimed at those working in educational settings, this PhD aims to develop the capability of individuals to work within a professional context whilst researching and theorising their own practice in schools, universities or other educational contexts.
Delegates will be colleagues who construct their identities as practitioners and/or policy makers, and your prime motivation will be to generate professional knowledge, applying this to practice, and ultimately advancing your career.
Integrated within this programme is a track to Master of Arts by Research, which you can take if you do not wish to progress to the PhD. You will have the opportunity to build up, through the degree, a substantial piece of original research that has real relevance to policy and/or practice.
Successful candidates will receive comprehensive research training including technical, personal and professional skills.
All researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor) are part of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which provides support with high-quality training and career development activities.
Features also include:
- A structured route to completion through nine portfolio submissions.
- Significant taught element (60 credits of relevant master’s level 7 modules, delivered online).
- Comprehensive induction and researcher development training workshops tailored to an international, at-distance cohort and delivered online.
- The development of a global network of postgraduate researchers who are supported to develop as a cohort of peers and a community of practice.
- Applicants should have at least five years’ experience working in an educational setting, as well as the specified entry requirements. As the doctorate focuses on professional practice, this is necessary in order for the application of theory to practice.
- Your application should include a research proposal based on your area of study. To apply, please visit the PGR plus page.
- For up to date fees please visit our fees and funding page.
- Please visit our application closing dates page and refer to the non visa section to find out more.
Join our webinars
- To register for webinars run by the programme lead that provides more information about the programme, and gives the opportunity to ask questions, please email email@example.com.
- Find out more about the other research PhD opportunities and studentships available at the Centre for Global Learning.