- ‘The enactment of the counter-terrorism “Prevent duty” in British schools and colleges: beyond reluctant accommodation or straightforward policy acceptance.’ Article in Critical Studies on Terrorism, by Joel Busher, Tufyal Choudhury and Paul Thomas.
- ‘The Internal Brakes on Violent Escalation: A Typology.’ Article in Behavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political Aggression, by Joel Busher, Donald Holbrook and Graham Macklin.
- The internal brakes on violent escalation: A descriptive typology. Research report published by CREST, by Joel Busher, Donald Holbrook and Graham Macklin.
- ‘Chicken Suits and Other Aspects of Situated Credibility Contests: Explaining Local Trajectories of Anti-Minority Activism.’ Article in Social Movement Studies, by Joel Busher, Gareth Harris and Graham Macklin.
- ‘Credibility Contests And The Ebb And Flow Of Anti-Minority Activism.’ CREST briefing, by Joel Busher, Gareth Harris and Graham Macklin
- ‘Safeguarding or Surveillance: Social Work, PREVENT and Fundamentalist Violence.’ Article in Feminist Dissent, by Stephen Cowden and Jonathan Picken.
- ‘Preventing Violent Extremism While Promoting Human Rights: Toward a Clarified UN Approach.’ International Peace Institute Brief, by Chuck Thiessen
- ‘The Strategic Ambiguity of the United Nations Approach to Preventing Violent Extremism.’ Article in Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, by Chuck Thiessen.
- ‘Perceptions of justice and hierarchies of rape: Rethinking approaches to sexual violence in Eastern Congo from the ground up.’ Article in The International Journal of Transitional Justice, by Sahla Aroussi.
- ‘Why Even Misleading Identity Claims Matter: The Evolution of the English Defence League.’ Article in Political Studies, by Joel Busher.
- ‘Micro-Moral Worlds of Contentious Politics: A Reconceptualization of Radical Groups and their Intersections with One Another and the Mainstream.’ Article in Mobilization: An International Quarterly, by Joel Busher and John Morrison.
- ‘Introduction: The Emotional Dynamics of Backlash Politics beyond Anger, Hate, Fear, Pride, and Loss.’ Article in Humanity & Society, by Joel Busher, Philip Giurlando and Gavin Sullivan.
- ‘Understanding “reciprocal radicalisation” as a component of wider conflict dynamics.’ CREST briefing, by Joel Busher and Graham Macklin.
- ‘Hopes and Fears: Community Cohesion and the “White Working Class” in One of the “Failed Spaces” of Multiculturalism.’ Article in Sociology, by Paul Thomas, Joel Busher, Graham Macklin, Michelle Rogerson, and Kris Christmann.
- ‘Women, Peace and Security and the Democratic Republic of the Congo: Time to Rethink Sexual Violence as Gender Based Harm?’ Article in Politics and Gender by Sahla Aroussi.
- ‘From Colombia to the Democratic Republic of Congo Exploring the Untapped Potential of Restorative Justice.‘ Article in Restorative Justice by Sahla Aroussi.
- Rethinking National Action Plans (NAPs) on Women, Peace and Security. (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series, IOS Press), edited by Sahla Aroussi.
- ‘National Action Plans as Foreign Policy Tools: Reconsidering Gender Security in the West’. A book chapter by Sahla Aroussi.
- Women, Peace, and Security: Repositioning Gender in Peace Agreements (Cambridge Core/Intersentia), edited by Sahla Aroussi.
- ‘Academics for Peace in Turkey: A Case of Criminalizing Dissent via Counterterrorism Discourse.’ Article in Critical Studies on Terrorism by Bahar Baser, Samim Akgonul and Ahmet Erdi Ozturk.
- ‘Tailoring Strategies According to Ever-Changing Dynamics: The Altering Image of the Kurdish Diaspora in Germany.’ Article in Terrorism and Political Violence by Bahar Baser.
- ‘Statenloose Diaspora-Das Beispiel der Kurdinnen and Kurden in Deutschland.’ Article for Bundeszentrale fur politische Bildung by Bahar Baser.
- ‘Turkey’s Domestic Policies Spill Over t Europe: Old Debates in New Frames.’ Article in ORIENT, III/ 2017 by Bahar Baser.
- What the Prevent duty means for schools and colleges in England: An analysis of educationalists’ experiences. Research report published by the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations, Coventry University, by Joel Busher, Tufyal Choudhury, Paul Thomas and Gareth Harris.
- ‘Gender in the representations of an armed conflict: Kurdish female combatants in French and British medias.’ Article in Middle East Journal of Culture & Communication, by Bahar Baser and Mari Toivanen.
- The Making of Anti-Muslim Protest: Grassroots Activism in the English Defence League(Routledge), by Joel Busher, winner of the British Sociological Association’s (BSA) Philip Abrams Memorial Prize.
- Diasporas and Homeland Conflicts: A Comparative Perspective (Routledge- Paperback and Hardback) by Bahar Baser.
- ‘Interpreting “Cumulative Extremism”: Six Proposals for Enhancing Conceptual Clarity.’ Article in Terrorism and Political Violence, by Joel Busher and Graham Macklin.
- ‘The Missing Spirals of Violence: Four Waves of Movement–Countermovement Contest in Post-War Britain.’ Article in Behavioural Science of Terrorism and Political Aggression, by Graham Macklin and Joel Busher.
- ‘Introduction: Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism in Sub-Saharan Africa’, Article in Journal of Terrorism Research, by Joel Busher.
- White Flight or Positive Contact? Local Diversity and Attitudes to Immigration in Britain. Article in Comparative Political Studies, by Eric Kaufmann and Gareth Harris.