Research at CTPSR
Since our development in 2014, CTPSR has developed a significant and impactful reputation in the Politics and International Studies research community. We have achieved this through a research strategy that is built on the ethos of disruption, excellence, and impact, and which is underpinned by a strong and managed focus on sustainability.
As a consequence, we have built, managed, and sustained a world leading research network that has experienced important and, indeed, significant success in such a short period of time.
Since 2014 we have worked collaboratively with 139 academic institutions and 98 non-academic partners across 49 countries worldwide
- Resulting in 588 outputs, including 246 journal articles and 56 books
- Research Grant income in excess of £5 million
- Awarded a £20 million grant from the UKRI Global Challenges Research Fund for a South-South Migration Research Hub
- Invested significant resources in developing the future of Politics and International Studies scholarship with 30 doctoral completions (2014-2018) and a further 47 doctoral candidates conducting research currently
- Successful in securing the Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) secretariat which will be hosted by CTPSR between 2018 and 2023
Our research strategy going forward is one of consolidation and continuity.
Consolidation and continuity to us are about focusing on the important questions that are challenging society worldwide and addressing these through innovative and often multi-disciplinary approaches that are designed to deliver impact where they are needed most – not just because the research is a good idea.
Research with impact
Our Centre and the development and vibrancy of our research activity has focused on ensuring that our research impacts those that need it most in society, business, government and academia. We do this while ensuring that we maintain rigour, significance and overall excellence in the underpinning work that we conduct and this is evidenced through our significant portfolio of outputs in world leading outlets.
Our reach and impact has been particularly significant in a number of core areas, namely:
- Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism
- Strengthening the work of faith-based organisations in Education
- Understanding and Challenging Sexual and Gender-based Violence
- Enhancing Maritime Security
- Centring migrant voices and perspectives in migration policy and practice