Lying at the heart of the UK’s automotive design, manufacturing and racing heritage and alongside major global brands, the university has a long association with the motor industry. Research staff from the Centre for Business in Society (CBIS). Twenty academics including core CBIS staff, associates and research students form an automotive interest group who are adjunct members of the Institute and provide business expertise in our large cross disciplinary projects.
Our strategic drivers for disruptive innovation and change for future transport and cities include:
- New business models and the changing landscape
- Innovative and lean supply chain management
- The adoption of autonomy and electrification
- Consumer resistance to new technologies and managing consumer behaviours
- The impact on society of innovation in transport
- The automotive renaissance in the economy
- The transport R&D landscape and success factors
- Motorsport research and manufacturing excellence
- The sustainability agenda and implications for the ttransport industry
- Transport policy, regulation and societal impact.