University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust and Coventry University have worked in collaboration to develop a Centre for Care Excellence- believed to be the first of its kind in the country - for Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions (NMAHPs).
To be a world leader in Nursing, Midwifery and AHP excellence, enabled by research, innovation, clinical practice and education.
Excellence through working in partnership.
- Enable a culture for excellence in research, education, clinical practice and innovation
- Positively impact on patient care
- Develop and empower access to career pathways that create opportunities in both organisations
- Become self-sustaining
- Grow world renowned leadership and expertise
- Meaningful recognition of excellence in Nursing and Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals
We aim to:
- Develop key specialist areas of research, development and innovation to benefit both organisations
- Where appropriate and beneficial, align Coventry academic staff interests in relation to research, development and innovation, with those of UHCW, in order to support the production of knowledge, and deeper embedding and impact of evidence in both practice and education
- Open up and provide support to academic staff and students to work with practice partners on meaningful projects and development work, in the course of their scholarly, teaching and research related activity
- Make available opportunities for project, masters and PhD supervision and access to sources of expertise for practice related projects across the two organisations
- Clear impact on educational provision across both organisations - e.g. teaching, supervision, coaching and mentoring, advisory committees
- Work collaboratively in the production of high quality journal and peer reviewed outputs to enhance the reputation of both organisations
- Work together on the production and submission of project funding bids
- Impact on the UHCW Pathways to Excellence and Nursing and Midwifery Research and Development Strategies and the Research Strategy for the Coventry University School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health