IT Services aim to provide and support a range of information delivery, computing, and telecommunications-based services which will further the aims and objectives of the University and in particular enhance the educational environment for students and assist staff at all levels in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
Coventry University has more than 4,000 student PCs on site and the campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled, with PC open access rooms and tech-enabled lecture theatres.
Facilities for students include:
- Networked PCs throughout the site running the latest versions of Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Office suites
- A Microsoft Office 365 account with 50Gb Email inbox space, 1TB cloud storage and a full suite of additional productivity tools.
- 5 Free Copies of Microsoft Office 2016 for your computer, mobile or tablet.
- Printing, scanning, and photocopying services
- Streaming Applications service so you can access licensed teaching software on your own computer devices
- Remote Desktop Services for virtual computing and software access.
- Software, induction loops, and other assistive technology for those with special educational needs
- 24 hour open access facilities and study areas• Support is available online, over the telephone, in person via a help desk or via touch screens