- McCabe, R. Bueger, C. and Edmunds, T. (eds). (2020) Capacity Building for Maritime Security: The Western Indian Ocean Experience. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Robert McCabe with Christian Bueger and Timothy Edmunds (2020) ‘Into the Sea: Capacity Building Innovations and the Maritime Security Challenge’. Third World Quarterly 41(2): 228-246.
- McCabe, R. (2020) ‘Improving Maritime Security Sector Capacity to Counter Terrorism: Lessons from International Capacity Building Projects in the Western Indian Ocean' in Lucas, Edward R., Samuel Rivera-Paez, Thomas A. Crosbie, and Felix Falck Jensen, (eds.) Maritime Security: Counter-Terrorism Lessons from Maritime Piracy and Narcotics Interdiction. Amsterdam: IOS Press, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series.
- Ioannis Chapsos, Juliette Conning and Math Noortmann (2019) ‘Involving local fishing communities in policy-making: addressing Illegal fishing in Indonesia’. Marine Policy 109 (2019) 103708.
- Robert McCabe, Deborah Sanders and Ian Speller (eds.) (2019) Europe, Small Navies and Maritime Security: Balancing Traditional Roles and Emergent Threats in the 21st Century. London: Routledge.
- Robert McCabe (2019) ‘Policing the Seas: Building Constabulary Maritime Governance in the Horn of Africa – The Case of Djibouti and Kenya’. African Security 12(3-4): 330-355.
- Adam J. Fenton & Ioannis Chapsos (2019) ‘Prosecuting pirates: maritime piracy and Indonesian law’. Australian Journal of Asian Law Vol. 19, No. 2, article 4.
- Robert McCabe (2018) Modern Maritime Piracy: Genesis, Evolution and Responses. London: Routledge.
- Ioannis Chapsos and Steve Hamilton (2018) ‘Illegal fishing and fisheries crime as a transnational organized crime in Indonesia’. Trends in Organized Crime 22: 255-273.
- Ioannis Chapsos and James A. Malcolm (2017) ‘Maritime Security in Indonesia: Towards a Comprehensive Agenda?’. Marine Policy 76: 178-184.
- James A. Malcolm (2017) ‘Sustainability as Maritime Security: A Small Island Developing State Perspective?’. Global Policy 8(2): 237-245.
- James A. Malcolm and Linganaden Murday (2017) ‘Small islands' understanding of maritime security: the cases of Mauritius and Seychelles’. Journal of the Indian Ocean Region 13(2).
- IOM Indonesia, Coventry University, Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries/IUU Task Force (2017) ‘Policy Report on Human Trafficking, Forced Labour and Fisheries Crime in the Indonesian Fishing Industry’. International Organization for Migration: Geneva.
- Ioannis Chapsos (2016) 'Is Maritime Security a Traditional Security Challenge?' in Anthony J. Masys (Ed.) Exploring the Security Landscape: Non-Traditional Security Challenges. Springer International Publishing Switzerland.
- Robert McCabe (2016) ‘Private Maritime Security: Transitory Measure or Permanent Fixture?’ Seaways: International Journal of the Nautical Institute. July 2016: 24-26.
Robert McCabe (2015) ‘The Development of Modern Counter-piracy Initiatives in Southeast Asia: Vietnamese Boat Refugees and Alternative Incidents, 1979-1997’. International Journal of Naval History 12(1).