Cardiovascular and Lifestyle Medicine
Focus of our research
Our aim is to develop and deliver opportunities through globally significant interdisciplinary research and innovation excellence in cardiovascular and lifestyle medicine in order to improve health across the life course.
Using a translational research approach, we will develop, evaluate, and implement novel physiological, pharmacological, behavioural, and technological interventions to enhance prevention, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease. Our interventions aim to be culturally acceptable, scalable, cost-effective, and sustainable.
- Establish and deliver nationally and internationally leading interdisciplinary research and innovation in cardiovascular, lifestyle and exercise sciences.
- Develop and implement novel interventions to improve the health and wellbeing of people regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Strengthen our research and innovation capabilities in the areas of clinical, molecular and behavioural sciences.
- Nurture our postgraduate researchers to become the next generation of research and innovation leaders.
- Attract and develop internationally-recognised research and innovation staff in cardiovascular and lifestyle medicine.
If you wish to find out more about our research, please contact Professor Djordje Jakovljevic.
To develop and deliver opportunities through globally significant interdisciplinary research and innovation in cardiovascular and lifestyle medicine in order to improve health across the life course.
Translate research findings and innovation excellence into clinical practice to improve length and quality of life of people across the world.
|Professor Djordje Jakovljevic||Theme Leadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Amy Harwood||Research Fellowemail@example.com|
|Dr Elizabeth Horton||Research Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Gordon McGregor||Associate Professoremail@example.com|
|Dr Scott McGuire||Research Fellowfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Nduka Okwose||Research Fellowemail@example.com
|Dr Stuart Raleigh||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Laura Roden||Associate Professoremail@example.com|