Accounting, Accountability, Law and Governance
The Accounting, Accountability, Law and Governance group focuses on market-based accounting and legal research in the context of (but not limited to):
- accounting narratives;
- mergers and acquisition issues;
- behavioural accounting and management issues;
- executive compensation schemes;
- corporate governance structures;
- accounting information quality;
- financial crime prevention and reporting;
- implications of financial crime to the society at large;
- taxation and development;
- professional ethics.
The aim of this group is to create awareness and understanding of those issues to a wider audience including local businesses, multi-national corporations and other relevant stakeholders.