Our Research Themes
ICTE will focus its research upon the following core themes:
These themes will be explored in both a developed and developing world context.
- Within the developing world, a particular focus for ICTE will be Sub Saharan Africa (SSA).
- Existing developments include the development of the Africa Institute for Transformational Entrepreneurship (AITE).
- AITE will act as a hub for research projects and activity.
- Within SSA, ICTE has developed academic networks within Ghana and South Africa.
- ICTE has also been granted access to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor African datasets from recent years. This data will be used as a focal point for the research in an African context. These networks will provide local knowledge and context towards research activity driven by ICTE members.
- Within the developed world, entrepreneurial activity within the UK will be a particular focus particularly with regard to entrepreneurial behaviour within the West Midlands. Other areas will be investigated as the need arises for transformational entrepreneurship in specific areas.
- ICTE will be seeking to produce highly ranked journal outputs, book chapters, books and conference papers to create an evidence base across all themes in coming years.
- Members of the ICTE group are commissioning academic journal special issues with several ABS ranked journals. The focus here will be the production of a group of papers to fully explore the research phenomenon under investigation.