Between 2007 and 2015, Margie was the director of Critical Path, Australia's leading centre for choreographic research and dance development.
She has been active in the field of dance for 30 years, exploring the relationship between dance and the moving image, projection, space & light.
Throughout my practice she has continued to experiment and forge new ground aesthetically, collaboratively and technically. She has created many and varied multi-screen movement performances and installations using analogue technologies through to state of the art digital systems utilizing live video, motion capture, motion control and robotics technologies.
- 2014 Artistic Leadership Award
- 2005 Sci-Art Production Award
- 2002 John Truscott Award for Design
- 2000 Arts Victoria Commission
- 2000 National Dance Award Australia for Film
- 2000 Reel Dance Award for In the Heart of the Eye
- 1997 Bessie Award for Lighting Two Lies by Lucy Guerin
Margie has received grants and financial investments from: The New Media Arts, Hybrid Arts, Inter-Arts, Visual Arts and Dance Boards of the Australia Council for the Arts, from Arts Victoria, The Australian Film commissions Women’s and No Frills Funds, from the Arts Council of England and from the ACMI the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
Languages: English and basic German.
Professorial Memberships: Labor Berlin GmbH.