Students wanting to raise complaints

We aim to ensure that our teaching and support services provide positive experiences and opportunities for our students. There may be occasions when that does not happen and you can let us know when it doesn't using the complaints form. The University will not normally accept complaints more than 3 months after the event in question. Please use this form if you are a current enrolled student or a student who has been enrolled within the last 3 months.

Informal resolution via conciliation

If things go wrong, we encourage students to raise any concerns or queries as soon as possible, as this typically means that they will be easier and quicker to resolve. Discussing any concerns with your Faculty course team or a member of staff in the appropriate department or within Faculty Registry, can often resolve your concerns immediately. However if this doesn't help or you would like to talk to an impartial adviser, you may wish to immediately seek support from a Conciliator. Read more information.

You can access our complaint procedure and a simple flowchart overview of conciliation is available on page 1 of the Student Guide to complaints.

What support is available?

We do understand that making a complaint can be stressful and that the process can sometimes seem difficult. We would encourage you to contact Your Students’ Union Advice Centre at any point in the complaint process so that you feel supported. This might be with:

  • helping you find the right words to make your case as clearly as possible;
  • explaining how the complaint process works and helping you decide whether this course of action is the best way of resolving your concerns;
  • Supporting you at any meetings that you need to attend in relation to your formal complaint.

Your Students’ Union Advice Centre has an office in the Hub, or can be contacted via Your Advice Service.

You may also wish to contact our Health and Wellbeing team if the issues have made you feel anxious or stressed. They can be contacted on or +44 (0)24 7765 8029.

International students can seek support and advice about their visa from our International Student Advisors based in the Student Centre, via the online booking form.

What If?

You can find answers to the most frequent ‘what if’ questions on page 4 of the Student Guide to Complaints.

Please note

If your complaint relates to another student’s behaviour or conduct this will be dealt with via the University’s disciplinary procedures. Read more information on expectations of behaviour.

Complaints form for students

Before you complete this form, you should be aware that all personal information which you provide to us when submitting this form, will be processed in accordance with our Fair Processing Notice for Students.  A copy of which can be found on our website.

If you consider it necessary to provide evidence in relation to a family member (or third party) you must first obtain permission in writing from the individual in question to submit the same to us for the purpose of your complaint.  You must also provide us with a copy of that consent with your submission otherwise the evidence will be returned directly to you.

We will treat your complaint as confidentially as possible and only release the information to those who need it in order to investigate and respond to your concerns.

 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2023