Flying Start International Travel Grant
This funding is available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate students entitled to a full maintenance loan and undertaking international travel during their course of study.
Grant details and eligibility
£100 – Students undertaking trip less than 30 days. (Short Term Mobility)
£500 – Students undertaking trip for 30 days and more. (Long Term Mobility)
- Students should be paying full time fees.
- It must be a University authorised trip related to the student’s course.
- Students must be on Full time/Sandwich course.
- Students must be an active Coventry University student. (A student is considered as an active student until their course end date and not their graduation date.)
Who is not eligible for this grant?
- Students on Continuing Professional Development courses and Non "Flying Start" courses.
- Students on NHS funded courses.
- Students from Coventry University Coventry, Coventry University London and Coventry University Scarborough.
- Students from Coventry University College are not eligible
- Students who are blocked/excluded from Coventry University.
- Students who have already received both a £100 and £500 Flying Start International Travel Grants.
How is the grant paid?
- Please complete the form and save all the information.
- Please attach your maintenance loan letter by clicking on attach file button on the top menu bar and click OK.
- The Flying Start team will review your application and check your eligibility.
- You will receive an email about the outcome. If you are eligible, you will receive a bank details form, which you will have to complete, password protect it and email it to email@example.com.
- Password should be sent in another email.
- Once we have received the bank details the grant will be paid via BACS payment into your bank account in 10-12 working days.
- Students can be eligible for both grants in one academic year.
- Students are eligible to receive the £100 (trip duration less than 30 days) and £500 (trip duration 30 days and more) only once during course of study.
- Student who receives the Flying Start International Travel Grants for an international trip and unable to attend the trip will need to refund the grant.