I graduated in 2001 from the Mechanical Engineering Course at National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece where I earned also my Ph.D. degree in 2004 by successfully defending my thesis ‘Analysis of Mechanisms using the Finite Element Method’.
I was holding the position of Lecturer and Assistant Professor at Frederick University (Cyprus) for the periods 2005-2007 and 2007-2012 respectively. It was in my duties to teach the courses “Vehicle Dynamics & Control”, “Mechanical Vibrations & Machine Dynamics”, “Dynamics”, “Engineering Design & Numerical Optimization” and “Quantitative Methods in Engineering Management” in the Programmes of study “BSc in Mechanical Engineering”, “BSc in Automotive Engineering” and “MSc in Engineering Management”.
In the period 2012-2014 I was working at the Integrated Vehicle Safety Department of TNO, the Netherlands as a senior researcher. Integrated vehicle controller concepts and model reduction techniques were the main research topics then...
- Alirezaei M., Kanarachos, S., “An adaptive finite element method for computing emergency maneuvers of ground vehicles with arbitrary boundary conditions”, submitted to International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing, January 2014
- Alirezaei M., Kanarachos, S., “Adaptive Regenerative Braking for Electric Vehicles with an Electric Motor at the Front Axle using the State Dependent Riccati Equation Control Technique”, submitted to WSEAS Transactions on Systems & Control, 2013
- “A new min-max methodology for computing optimized obstacle avoidance steering manoeuvres of ground vehicles”, International Journal of Systems Science Vol. 45 (5), 2014, pp.1042-1057
- “Intelligent semi-active vehicle suspension systems using neural networks”, International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modeling & Testing, Vol. 7 (2), 2012, pp. 135-158
- Kanarachos, S.A. , Koulocheris, D.V., Spentzas, K.N., “Synthesis of nonlinear dynamic systems using parameter optimization methods - A case study”, WSEAS Transactions on Computers Vol. 4 (1), 2005, pp. 58-63
- Spentzas, K., Kanarachos, S. “Design of a non-linear hybrid car suspension system using neural networks”, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation Vol. 60, 2002, pp. 369-378
- Spentzas, K.N. and Kanarachos, S.A. “A neural network approach to the design of a vehicle’s non-linear hybrid suspension system”, Proc Instn Mech Engrs, 2002, Vol. 216 Part B: J Engineering Manufacture, IMechE
- Kanarachos, S., “Analysis of 2D flexible planar mechanisms using linear finite elements and incremental techniques”, Computational Mechanics Vol 42, 2008, pp. 107-117
- Kanarachos S.A., Kanarachos A. “Minimum order bang-bang guidance for feedforward obstacle avoidance steering maneuvers”, International Journal of Automotive Technology Vol. 14 (1), 2013, pp. 37-46
- Kanarachos S.A., “Design of an intelligent feed forward controller system for vehicle obstacle avoidance using neural networks”, International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing, 2013, Vol.8, No.1, pp.55 – 87
- Pro-Active Incident Management, CEDR Transnational Road Research Programme: Call 2013, 2014-2015
- AMBER- Ultra Light Electric Vehicle, FP7, 2013-2016
- Study on some safety-related aspects of tyre use, EC tender, 2013-2014
- Model Reduction for Large Scale Systems, Enabling Technology Programme -TNO, 2013-2014
- Intelligent Dynamics for Electric Vehicles (ID4EV), FP7, ICT-2010.10, 2010-2013
- Engine Lubricating System Technologies, FP7 AAT-2008-RTD-1, 2009-2013
- Design and manufacturing of large thin-walled composite light-weight structures, EUREKA, 2005-2008
- New guardrail system design for the improvement of vehicle crash safety, Research Promotion Foundation Cyprus RPF, 2005-2007
- New guardrail system design for critical collision cases in Cyprus highways, Research Promotion Foundation Cyprus, 2005-2007
- Lighter Heavy Vehicles, General Secreteriat for Research & Technology, 2002-2004