Global Financial Planning BSc (Hons)
UCAS Code: N341
International Code: FBLU090
Coventry University (Coventry)
3 years full-time
4 years sandwich
This is a proposed new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Please keep checking back on this course page to see our latest updates.
Study level: Undergraduate
The financial services industry is a fast-moving and exciting sector, which offers a wide range of career opportunities in investment advice, insurance, pensions, and wealth management. This degree is designed to build your wider financial knowledge while also developing your analytical, ICT, communication and problem-solving abilities.
The course aims to:
- Cover key topics such as finance, investment, wealth management, accounting, insurance and taxation.
- Give you the chance to explore topics such as Investment Analysis, Portfolio Management or Corporate Financial Management in your final year.
- Help you further develop your essential numeracy skills and analysis for financial reporting, forecasting and modelling.
Global ReadyAn international outlook, with global opportunities
Teaching excellenceTaught by lecturers who are experts in their field
EmployabilityCareer ready graduates, with the skills to succeed
Why you should study this course
By studying this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop practical skills in our Bloomberg Trading Floor4 – develop your skills in our Trading Floor, which is currently one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals. You'll also have the opportunity to gain the Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate, on successful completion of a short course2.
- Tailor your studies – our wide range of economics and finance courses share a common first year. This gives you the flexibility to decide the direction you want to take your degree after you have received a thorough grounding in economic and financial concepts, and principles.
- Gain real-world exposure – prepare for a future career in finance and investments with a work placement2.
- Access our sigma Maths and Stats Support Centre – access maths and statistics support through drop-in sessions with experienced staff2.
Accreditation for this course is being renewed as we are making some changes to our modules. This exciting new course is subject to approval from Chartered Financial Analyst Society of the UK and Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).*
This is a new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Thank you for your patience.
*In the event that there is any delay in obtaining approval, we will run Finance and Investment BSc (Hons) for 2022-23 which has already been accredited by Chartered Financial Analyst Society of the UK and Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).