Philosophy BA (Hons)
UCAS Code: V500
International Code: AHU115
Coventry University (Coventry)
3 years full-time
4 years sandwich
This is a proposed new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Please keep checking back on this course page to see our latest updates.
Study level: Undergraduate
This dynamic new course takes an innovative approach to perennial philosophical problems. The programme is aimed at students who wish to explore their passion for ideas in the context of contemporary global issues.
Beginning with a broad sweep of major philosophical problems – from the ancient world to contemporary, from Plato to Judith Butler – students will build an interdisciplinary philosophical toolkit in specialist philosophy modules taught by experts in their fields.
Global ReadyAn international outlook, with global opportunities
Teaching excellenceTaught by lecturers who are experts in their field
EmployabilityCareer ready graduates, with the skills to succeed
Why you should study this course
The BA (Hons) Philosophy course at Coventry University has five distinctive features:
- You will explore the major issues that confront them as twenty-first-century human beings.
- A particular focus is placed throughout the degree on comparative philosophy—taking in key ideas, problems and thinkers from the local to the global.
- The course will foster application of new and cutting-edge theories and philosophical approaches to problems, including though not limited to posthumanism, critical race theory and ecocriticism.
- Opportunities will be created whereby you engage in original digital research so that you can become a researcher in your own right.
- You will learn alongside specialist researchers and teachers, through innovative digital pedagogies such as digital publishing, filmmaking and podcasts. (Staff may be subject to change.)
This is a new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Thank you for your patience.