Coventry University is a higher education corporation established under the Education Reform Act 1988 by the Order of the Privy Council on 16 February 1993. Its powers are laid down in s.124 of the Education Reform Act 1988 and are governed in accordance with articles of government made by the corporation with the approval of the Privy Council (s.125 of the Act).
Coventry University is an exempt charity by virtue of s.125A of the Education Reform Act 1988 as inserted by s. 41 of the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998.
In accordance with the Financial Memorandum between HEFCE and HEIs the University has made available the following information in respect of its exempt charitable status:
- The correspondence address for the University.
- The University’s Articles and Instrument of Government.
- Each of the University’s Governors is a charitable trustee and is subject to the obligations imposed under charity law. Details of the University’s trustees.
- Details of the University’s financial accounts.
List of trustees’ other trusteeships
The following Coventry University trustees are also trustees of the following charities:
- Adedoyinsola Adebanjo: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- Tochukwu Ajare: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- John Latham: Trustee of Coventry University Welfare Fund, Coventry University Charitable Trust
- Graham McKean: Trustee of Coventry University Welfare Fund, Coventry University Charitable Trust
- Andy Meehan: Trustee of Mayday Trust, Coventry Cathedral, UHCW Charity
- Helen Nixseaman: Trustee of Young Enterprise Ltd, James Allen's Girls' School
- Ms Marion Plant OBE: Trustee of UK WorldSkills, Find a Future, National Society (Church of England)
- Linda Ryan: Trustee of National Grid Electricity Group Trust Ltd
- Edward Stroud: Trustee of Lighthorne Village Hall
Coventry University Charitable Trust
In addition to the University being an exempt charity, the University also administers an associated exempt charity, known as Coventry University Charitable Trust (CUCT).
The current trustees of the CUCT are:
- Chair of the Board of Governors, Mr Stephen Parker
- Vice-Chancellor, Prof John Latham
- University Secretary, Ms Kate Quantrell
- Group Finance Director
- Senior Member of Academic Staff, Dr Shaun Hides
For details of the CUCT trust documentation, please contact the Clerk to the Board, Gemma Towns, email@example.com
Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU)
Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU) is a registered charity, details of which can be found at their website.