Coventry University is a higher education corporation established under the Education Reform Act 1988 by the Order of the Privy Council on 16 February 1993. Its powers are laid down in s.124 of the Education Reform Act 1988 and are governed in accordance with articles of government made by the corporation with the approval of the Privy Council (s.125 of the Act).
Coventry University is an exempt charity by virtue of s.125A of the Education Reform Act 1988 as inserted by s. 41 of the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998.
The University has made available the following information in respect of its exempt charitable status:
- The University’s Articles and Instrument of Government.
- Each of the University’s Governors is a charitable trustee and is subject to the obligations imposed under charity law. Details of the University’s trustees.
- Details of the University’s financial accounts.
List of trustees’ other trusteeships
The following Coventry University trustees are also trustees of the following charities:
- Andy Meehan: Trustee of Shaw Education Trust, Coventry Cathedral, UHCW Charity
- Anne Obey: Trustee of Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Augustine Nwosu: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- Edward Stroud: Trustee of Lighthorne Village Hall
- Furrkh Aslam: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- Graham McKean: Trustee of Coventry University Welfare Fund, Coventry University Charitable Trust
- Helen Nixseaman: Trustee of Young Enterprise Ltd, James Allen's Girls' School
- John Latham: Trustee of Palmer Foundation
- Kevin Baughan: Trustee of City & Guilds Group
- Keith Bissett: Trustee of Maggie’s (Coventry)
- Linda Ryan: Trustee of National Grid Electricity Group Trust Ltd
- Marion Plant: Trustee of UK WorldSkills, National Society (Church of England)
- Sue Horner: Trustee of First Story, IVE (Leeds), a Partner in Education (APIE)
Coventry University Charitable Trust
In addition to the University being an exempt charity, the University also administers an associated exempt charity, known as Coventry University Charitable Trust (CUCT).
The current trustees of the CUCT are:
- Dr Shaun Hides, Academic Dean of Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Mr. Graham McKean, Independent Governor
- Ms Kate Quantrell, Group Registrar and Chief Governance Officer
- Mr. Greg Langston, Interim Group Chief Finance Officer
- Professor John Latham, Vice-Chancellor
For details of the CUCT trust documentation, please contact the Clerk to the Board, Helen Fulford, email@example.com.
Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU)
Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU) is a registered charity, details of which can be found at their website.