Coventry University is a higher education corporation established under the Education Reform Act 1988 by the Order of the Privy Council on 16 February 1993. Its powers are laid down in s.124 of the Education Reform Act 1988 and are governed in accordance with articles of government made by the corporation with the approval of the Privy Council (s.125 of the Act).
Coventry University is an exempt charity by virtue of s.125A of the Education Reform Act 1988 as inserted by s. 41 of the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998.
The University has made available the following information in respect of its exempt charitable status:
- Each of the University’s Governors is a charitable trustee and is subject to the obligations imposed under charity law. Details of the University’s trustees.
- Details of the University’s financial accounts.
List of trustees’ other trusteeships
The following Coventry University trustees are also trustees of the following charities:
- Anne Obey: Trustee of Centre for Sustainable Energy, Brandon Hill Chamber Orchestra
- Augustine Nwosu: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- Bianca Andrei: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- David Secher: Trustee of Cambridge United Charities, Cesar and Celia Milstein Foundation
- Furrkh Aslam: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- Graham McKean: Trustee of Coventry University Welfare Fund, Coventry University Charitable Trust
- Helen Nixseaman: Trustee of Young Enterprise Ltd
- Ikponmwosa Desmond Omokaro: Trustee of Coventry University Students’ Union
- John Latham: Trustee of Palmer Foundation, Coventry University Charitable Trust, Coventry University Welfare Fund
- Kevin Baughan: Trustee of City & Guilds Group
- Linda Ryan: Trustee of National Grid Electricity Group Trust Ltd
- Sue Horner: Trustee of First Story, IVE (Leeds), a Partner in Education (APIE), Northern College, Coventry University Charitable Trust, Coventry University Welfare Fund
Coventry University Charitable Trust
In addition to the University being an exempt charity, the University also administers an associated exempt charity, known as Coventry University Charitable Trust (CUCT).
The current trustees of the CUCT are:
- Dr Shaun Hides, Academic Dean of Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Dr Sue Horner, Independent Governor
- Ms Kate Quantrell, Group Registrar and Chief Governance Officer
- Professor John Latham, Vice-Chancellor
For details of the CUCT trust documentation, please contact the Clerk to the Board, Helen Fulford, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Students' Union
Your Students' Union is a registered charity, details of which can be found at their website.