Our Awards and Accreditations
University in the United Kingdom (UK)
Source - The Guardian University Guide 2020
Awarded Gold for outstanding Teaching and Learning
Source - Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017)
of the Year
for Student Experience
Source - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
Our teaching, staff, facilities and student experience have received a variety of awards and accolades in recent years, and our future is looking bright too.
We’re proud of our achievements and how the University’s global reputation is flourishing. In this section you’ll see just how committed we are to continuing that journey of delivering quality teaching and learning, outstanding student satisfaction, and our objective of making our students into global ready graduates.
Find a course
We offer a wide range of courses for undergraduates and postgraduates. Use our Course Finder to browse all available courses.
Our Coventry, London and Scarborough campuses are continually evolving to give our students the best opportunities and experiences.
As a global University that ranks strongly in national and worldwide league tables – as well as for positive feedback from our students – we’re aiming to set ourselves apart as the university of choice for a great experience while studying.
- Awarded University of the Year for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- We were the country’s top modern university for seven consecutive years (Guardian University Guide 2013-2019)
- Coventry University is ranked 15th in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 97% of our graduates were employed or in further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey 2015/16)
- We were ranked top 10 across 9 subject areas (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- For three straight years we were voted Modern University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014-2016)
- We help more students travel internationally than any other UK university (HESA 2015/16, published 2017)
- 87% overall positive student satisfaction at Coventry University compared to 84% UK average (National Student Survey 2017)
- Top 200 in the world in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings (2017)
Teaching & Learning
We aim to deliver a teaching and learning experience that encourages, inspires and develops our students into graduates who are globally employable.
Our students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines, including hospital wards, design and engineering laboratories, performing arts studios and computing centres.
- We’re ranked 12th in the 'Teaching Quality' category published in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- 87% overall positive student satisfaction at Coventry University (National Student Survey2017)
- 88% of students are satisfied with the teaching on their course (NSS 2017)
- 92% of our research was rated as 'world-leading', 'internationally excellent' or 'recognised internationally' (REF 2014 - assessed every seven years)
We've also been awarded an overall QS Stars rating of 5 stars and have scored top marks in the following areas:
- 5 stars for teaching (including 100% for teaching satisfaction)
- 5 stars for employability (including 100% graduate employment rate)
- 5 stars for facilities
- 5 stars for internationalisation
- 5 stars for inclusiveness
QS Stars Online Learning Award
We have achieved the highest possible rating of 5 stars in the QS Stars Online Learning assessment - the only UK university currently to hold a rating in the category.
The university performed impressively across the majority of the indicators used in the assessment, scoring maximum points for student-faculty engagement, student interaction, student services and technology, and commitment to online learning.
We offer a wide range of international study and work experiences, providing our students with the opportunity to combine educational activity and industry placements with social and cultural pursuits. The transformational impact these international experiences often have on our students can enhance their personal and professional development and help them to become highly employable, 'global ready' graduates.
- In 2018, we’re running four field trips to Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels and Paris with 1,000 students taking part.
- We helped more students travel internationally in 2015/16 than any other UK university, providing 2,818 student experiences abroad (HESA student mobility data for 2015/16)
- Our Centre for Global Engagement runs a dedicated Global Leaders Programme, offering students the opportunity to learn one of over 20 different languages, learn about how businesses operate across different cultures and providing access to workshops, talks and other events.
Coventry is a young, vibrant and cosmopolitan student city with a diversity of cultures and ethnic groups. The University campus is spread across the city centre, making for a dynamic and sociable setting with affordable accommodation just a stone’s throw away. It’s easy and safe for students to find out what Coventry is all about.
The city’s rich history and heritage sees world famous sites like Coventry Cathedral and St Mary’s Guildhall sit alongside exciting newer developments like Coventry Transport Museum, Fargo Village and a host of shops, restaurants and cultural entertainment and nightlife venues.
- In 2018, Coventry was ranked in the top 5 best student cities in the UK, and the 44th best student city in the world (QS Best Student Cities 2018)
- Coventry will be UK City of Culture in 2021
- The University is celebrating 175 years of providing education in the city in 2018, having started life as the Coventry School of Design in 1843
- Coventry is the European City of Sport 2019
- Our city centre campus won the prestigious Green Flag Award in 2016 from leading environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy.