Our awards and accreditations
University of the Year
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
Awarded Gold for outstanding Teaching and Learning
Source - Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017)
of the Year
for Student Experience
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
At Coventry University, we're proud of our outstanding teaching, staff, facilities and student experience. Our quality teaching and learning gives our graduates the skills they need to find work across the world.
Find a course
Use our Course Finder to search by subject and level.Course finder
We aim to give our students a great all-round experience.
We have state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and offer students simulated hospital wards, design and engineering laboratories, studios and computing centres.
- Shortlisted for University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
- No 1 Modern University in the Midlands (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Joint top modern university for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 97% of our graduates were employed or in further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey 2016/17 (published 2018))
- Seven subject areas rank in the top 10 (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 1st for overseas student experiences 5 years running (Based on student trips abroad from HESA 2014/15-2018/19 UK data)
- Top 250 in QS World Rankings for Business and Management Studies (QS World University Rankings 2020)
- Fourth in the World for Massive Online Open Courses (MoocLab's World University Rankings by MOOC Performance 2020)
Teaching and learning
We aim to inspire our students with our teaching and learning, and to support and develop them to achieve their careers goals.
- Ranked 26th in the 'Teaching Quality' category published in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
- 82.5% overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020)
- 86% of students are satisfied with the teaching on their course (National Student Survey 2020)
- 92% of our research was rated as 'world-leading', 'internationally excellent' or 'recognised internationally' (REF 2014 – assessed every seven years)
The QS Stars Ratings 2020 gave the university 5 stars overall and 5 stars specifically for:
- teaching (including 100% for teaching satisfaction)
- employability (including 100% graduate employment rate)
- QS Stars Online Learning Award (the only UK university to win this)
We also gained maximum points for how our faculties engage with students, student interaction, student services and technology, and our commitment to online learning.
At the Centre for Global Engagement, our students have the opportunity to go abroad* and learn extra skills they may need to become more employable.
- learn a new language
- study or work abroad
- gain leadership experience
- get a better understanding of how businesses operate across different cultures
- access workshops, talks and other events
We gave 2,818 students a learning experience abroad in 2015/16, according to HESA's student mobility data for 2015/16 - more than any other UK university.
*Please note that we are unable to guarantee any placement or study abroad opportunities and that all such opportunities may be subject to additional costs (e.g. travel, visas and accommodation etc.), competitive application, availability and/or meeting any applicable visa requirements. To ensure that you fully understand the requirements in this regards, please contact the International Office for further details if you are an EU or International student.
Coventry is a lively student city with diverse cultures and ethnic groups. Our city-centre campus brings students into the heart of the city, and affordable student accommodation is just a stone's throw away. .
Coventry has a rich history and heritage, with the world-famous Coventry Cathedral alongside exciting, newer developments like Coventry Transport Museum and Fargo Village. It also hosts a variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment and nightlife venues.
- Coventry is the UK City of Culture in 2021
- Coventry ranks in the top 5 best student cities in the UK, and the 47th best student city in the world (QS Best Student Cities 2019)W
- We are 7th in the UK for sustainability (People & Planet University League 2019)
- In 2018, we celebrated 175 years of providing education in Coventry, having started life as the Coventry School of Design in 1843.
Our Coventry city-centre campus won the prestigious Green Flag Award in 2016, from leading environmental charity, Keep Britain Tidy.