Professional Development module
As technology brings us closer together, organisations of all sizes have people working internationally and remotely across different time-zones.
To meet this changing environment the skills of leaders and managers must also change. Employers are looking for individuals with the ability to work across different cultures, have the ability to manage teams and possess problem solving and critical analysis skills.
Developed in partnership with the Chartered Management Institute, the Professional Development modules use a variety of techniques to give students the practical leadership skills to critically evaluate and develop solutions to complex, inter-related, multi-faceted issues that you will experience in organisations.
Selected postgraduate courses will have one of the following modules attached:
- Consultancy - 7002CRB
- Coaching and Mentoring - 7007CRB
- Creativity, Change and Innovation - 7004CRB
- Entrepreneurship - 7005CRB
Students will study the module across one semester and will be required to attend 4 class based workshops. In addition to the workshops students will engage with a range of online materials designed by CMI.
Is your course participating in this module?
Please visit the course pages or course finder to see whether your course is participating in the Professional Development module. This can be found under the What will I learn section highlighted with the CMI logo.
All students will become Affiliate Members of CMI during their period of study. This will give you access to a whole host of benefits including access to:
- CMI’s online resource portal LeadershipDirect which contains thousands of resources including videos, checklists, e-learning modules, full text journals and e-books to support you in your studies;
- a comprehensive online portal, Career Development Centre, allowing you to develop your skills polish your CV and start approaching employers;
- an online mentoring service where you can connect and learn from other leaders.