Supporting Postgraduate Researchers
The Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development supports our doctoral students from their first day through to graduation and beyond, through a mix of seminars, workshops, events and activities.
Among the opportunities available are:
- Welcome programme
- Theme weeks
- Research Hootenanny
- Three Minute Thesis competition
- PGR Researcher of the Year
- Doctoral Capability and Development Conference
- Research Exchange
and many other opportunities. You can see more details of these activities here.
Coventry University Student Union and Research Reps
All students are automatically members of the Student Union and members of the Postgraduate Guild, within this guild there are research student representatives, their role is to act as link between the students and the SU by representing the needs of the students. They are responsible for organising student forums throughout the year to collect feedback.
Please see the CUSU website for more information.
The library is a great resource for research student, they run a range of workshops and can offer specific support to research students.
Centre for Academic Writing
The Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) provides specialist support to all students on a one-to-one basis as well as providing a variety of useful workshops and tutorials.
Sigma maths and stats support
The Sigma maths and statistics support team provide specialist support to all students on a one-to-one basis as well as providing a variety of useful workshops.
Health and wellbeing
The University run support service called Health and Wellbeing encompasses a variety of useful services which you may find useful during your time here, including;
- An onsite Medical Centre which is open during term times
- A Spirituality and Faith Centre which offers a welcoming space for anyone regardless of religion or belief, with a multi-faith lounge, chapel and prayer rooms
- The Student Counselling and Mental Health which has student counsellors and Mental Health Advisors
- Welfare Service who are available to provide confidential support for any student having difficulties and a Disability Team who support students with disabilities and long term health issues.