Supporting Postgraduate Researchers
The Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development supports our doctoral students from their first day through to graduation and beyond, through a mix of seminars, workshops, events and activities.
Among the opportunities available are:
- Welcome programme
- Theme weeks
- Research Hootenanny
- Three Minute Thesis competition
- PGR Researcher of the Year
- Doctoral Capability and Development Conference
- Research Exchange
and many other opportunities. You can see more details of these activities here.
Your Students' Union and Research Reps
The library is a great resource for research student, they run a range of workshops and can offer specific support to research students.
Centre for Academic Writing
The Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) provides specialist support to all students on a one-to-one basis as well as providing a variety of useful workshops and tutorials.
Sigma maths and stats support
The Sigma maths and statistics support team provide specialist support to all students on a one-to-one basis as well as providing a variety of useful workshops.
Health and wellbeing
The University run support service called Health and Wellbeing encompasses a variety of useful services which you may find useful during your time here, including;
- An onsite Medical Centre which is open during term times
- A Spirituality and Faith Centre which offers a welcoming space for anyone regardless of religion or belief, with a multi-faith lounge, chapel and prayer rooms
- The Student Counselling and Mental Health which has student counsellors and Mental Health Advisors
- Welfare Service who are available to provide confidential support for any student having difficulties and a Disability Team who support students with disabilities and long term health issues.