Practical support beyond graduation
At Coventry University Group, support to build your skills and world of work aspirations does not end when you complete your studies - the Talent Team provides support up to 36 months from the end of your course to help you achieve success – wherever you are in the world!
We work with you to help you achieve your goal what you choose to do and help with creating a plan, building job application skills or deciding on your next study option.
LinkedIn profile and CV support
LinkedIn profiles and CVs are important gateways to the world of work, so we provide continued CV support to Coventry University Group graduates within 36 months from the end of your course.
Consider the following:
- What skills and experience do you have relating to the position(s) you are applying for?
- Have you tailored your CV and covering letter to the role AND company? Is your LinkedIn profile focused and up to date?
Email your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com to request feedback. (Provide some context regarding the organisation and role want to apply for. We will respond within 5 working days.) Alternatively log into our Talent Connect system to book an appointment.
Online interviewing has become increasingly popular during the pandemic, and it looks like it is here to stay. Employers use different online approaches based on the optimum solution for their businesses and roles. The best preparation starts with advance pre-interview communication with the organisation to ensure you fully understand the online interviewing processes they are using.
Tips for doing online assessments which involve being on camera:
- Ensure you have a secure Internet connection prior to starting the interview.
- Do your interview in a quiet, well-lit room, ideally with a plain background so your employer focuses on you.
- Address the camera as if you were talking to a real person and try to maintain eye contact. One of the biggest reasons an employer will choose a video interview will be because they can see your personality better.
- Make sure you have your CV available to refer to during the interview but avoid reading directly from it.
- Try to stay relaxed and let your personality shine – always remember to smile and be enthusiastic!
For further support with preparing for online assessments or interviews, please book an appointment with a consultant via our Talent Connect platform.
Register for Talent Connect now, your online portal to career support.
Coventry University Group graduates within 36 months from the ends of their courses can register as graduates with our online Talent Connect portal. Talent Connect is our 24/7 one stop shop which enables you to set up a personal dashboard and access a wide range of career resources and bookable services, including support with building your career plan and developing your job application skills. You can also find graduate level roles and information on events designed to support you into employment.