Continuing Students

Welcome back

It’s almost time to start your next academic year and we want to make sure everything goes smoothly. This welcome website provides key information on how to get organised for the year ahead.

We are committed to supporting every student, so find out how our new specialist Student Engagement Team can help you stay on track to achieve success. Save our number +44 (0)24 7765 6565 so you recognise our call and keep in touch.

Re-enrolment for continuing students

Home and EU continuing students must re-enrol before teaching starts using SOLAR. You will be sent an email with instructions. You may need your financial details to complete the forms, such as your Student Loan information. If you have problems re-enrolling, contact your Faculty Registry.

Enrolment will open at the Student Centre’ with, ‘The university is currently looking into how face to face enrolment will work in September, to ensure that there is compliance with government guidelines regarding social distancing and COVID-19, there will be further information on the website as soon as we have final details.

Your timetable

Your personalised timetable will be have been emailed to you in early August. Once released, you can also access your timetable by also logging into your Student Portal pages.  

Please be aware that your timetable is not an assurance of progression, or that your selected options have been verified as meeting the requirements of the course.  Please refer to your results letter for your progression details. The information in your timetable will be as accurate as possible, but is subject to change, so please check it on a regular basis.

Thinking about changing your course?

Course changes must be discussed with your Course Director AND a member of the Faculty Registry. Download the relevant form from the Registry pages of the Student Portal. Tier 4 international students must also seek advice from the Tier 4 Compliance Team to avoid any visa problems.

Any course change must be completed by the Monday of Teaching Week 3 in each semester.

Term and semester dates

Make sure you know the term dates for your course so that you can plan your next year of study as well as your work schedule and holidays. If you need more information, visit any Information Point or email

Fees, finance & housing

Fees and finance

You can find out more about course fees, payment plans, scholarships, loans and other sources of financial help via the Student Portal Finance site. You can check the tuition fee terms and conditions.

The easiest way to pay your tuition or accommodation fees is online. If you are a continuing student please consult the complete list of fees so you can check what you have to pay to the University in the 2019/20 academic year.

If you need advice or help, you can:

  • Email, call +44 (0) 24 7765 2040 or book an appointment at the Student Centre Information Point.
  • Email a Customer Service Adviser on or visit any Information Point, located in every Faculty building and TheHub.
  • Call the Student Engagement Team on +44 (0) 24 7765 6565
  • Contact FutureLets on +44 (0) 24 76 158 158 to set up a payment plan for accommodation fees.
  • Check the CUSU useful information on managing your money or visit the CUSU Advice Centre.

Council tax

After you have re-enrolled, log in to the Student Portal and access NOVA to generate a letter to prove your student status. You may need this if you want to open a student bank account, apply for council tax exemption, or provide proof of your course details.

You will need to wait 24 hours after you have enrolled and collected your ID Card to access the site.


If you have already arranged accommodation in University owned or managed properties, please refer to the Accommodation web pages for instructions on how and where to collect your keys.

If you have booked a property in the private sector through FutureLets, contact us at for key collection details.

If you still need to arrange accommodation, pop onto the FutureLets office in the Charles Ward building, and the Customer Service Representatives will be able to help you.

Coventry University Students' Union

When you enrol/re-enrol (as appropriate) online you will have the option to share your data with Coventry University Students’ Union. This will allow you to join clubs, societies and volunteering groups, be part of the course rep system, buy tickets to events, stand and vote for Students’ Union positions and be kept updated about CUSU activities, news and events.

The most employable graduates have taken part in activities outside of their course so please get involved and make the most of your time at University.

You can find out more using the links below and make sure you visit

Need more help?

If you are not sure where to go for help, call the Student Engagement Team on +44 (0) 24 7765 6565, speak to a Customer Service Adviser at an Information Point or email You can also check Wayfinder to identify the support we can provide. Read more information on how to find Wayfinder.

If you have questions about your study programme, contact your Course Director. You can find their contact details on your Moodle CourseWeb.

Our International Student Support Team are here to help international and EU students and offer non-academic support on subjects such as pre-arrival, visa, immigration, housing and post-study advice. For questions, queries or concerns, contact the Student Support Team by email: and telephone: +44 (0) 24 7765 2010.

Students’ Union Advice Centre (SUAC) is a free, independent and confidential service which gives advice, and provides representation, on a wide range of problems including housing, consumer law, cheating, plagiarism, internal disciplinary and complaints. You can call +44 (0) 24 7765 5200 or visit them online.

The Medical Centre, on the second Floor of TheHub, holds surgeries from Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm during term-time. Find out more online or telephone +44 (0) 24 7655 1725. In an emergency please call +44 (0) 24 7659 2012.

For Health and Wellbeing services including counselling contact +44 (0) 24 7765 8029 or alternatively visit the Student Portal or download the CU Health and Wellbeing app from the Play/ App Store. 

In an emergency on campus or in Coventry University accommodation call the University’s Protection Service on +44 (0) 24 765 5555. For off-campus emergencies or in private accommodation call the Police on 999. For non-emergency incidents (e.g. your car has been stolen or your property damaged) call the Police on 101.

Your Faculty Registry can help you understand the University’s academic processes and regulations, answer queries relating to your course, modules and assessments, and authorise absences, deferrals, extensions and withdrawals.

You can visit the reception desks in Faculty buildings during drop-in hours or make an appointment to see your Course Administrator by phone, email or via the Reception Desk.

Coventry University ranked 15 in the UK
Coventry University awarded TEF GOLD Teaching Excellence Framework
University of the year for student experience
QS Five Star Rating 2019
Coventry City of Culture 2021