Enrol in January
Enrolment is the formal process through which you join the University. You must have completed your online enrolment by Friday 1 February 2021 5pm (GMT).
If you have sent us confirmation of your pre-settled or settled status, you will receive an email with a link to access online enrolment from Wednesday 6 January.
If you have provided confirmation of your status, but have not received your enrolment link by Monday 11 January, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email. If you have not yet sent us confirmation of your status, please send evidence to email@example.com.
If you are an EU student coming to the UK on a Student Visa, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance on the steps you’ll need to take to enrol.
In order to complete your enrolment, you must have met all of your offer conditions and paid a minimum of £8,000. You will need to take the following steps:
- After you have paid your deposit of £4,000, you will be sent a link to our online Welcome Portal where you will need to complete some registration details. As part of this, you will need to notify us whether you intend to start your course online in your home country or travel to the UK. If you plan to travel, you will be asked to confirm the date of your travel plans. Please remember, we are currently advising students not to travel until lockdown restrictions are eased.
- If you plan to travel, your right to study documents will be checked remotely. If we need further documentation from you, we will contact you using the email address you provided with your application. If you are starting online from your home country, you won’t require the document check at this stage.
- Once the document check has been completed (if needed), and you have paid your second instalment of £4,000 (total £8,000 which must have cleared in the University’s account), you will receive a link to complete your online enrolment. This will be sent to the email address that you provided with your application.
- Log on to a computer to complete online enrolment
Teaching will start online from Monday 18 January 2021.
All students must arrive in the UK by Monday 31 May 2021. Failure to do so will invalidate any CAS you have been issued for a course beginning in January 2021.
We will provide further information about semester 2 including showing your visa and passport in person, once you have successfully engaged with semester 1 online.
Your Student Visa allows you to study in the UK and this requires full (100%) attendance and engagement* with all aspects of your course. As the UKVI can request evidence of your attendance and engagement at any time, Coventry University students are expected to engage with all mandatory timetabled classes in accordance with the Student Attendance Guidance.
*engagement only if studying remotely.
Postgraduate courses requiring ATAS
If your course requires ATAS clearance, you will not be issued a CAS statement, or be granted access to the Welcome Portal or online enrolment until we have received a copy of your ATAS certificate. Once we have your ATAS certificate on file, and you have fulfilled all of your other offer conditions, you will be granted access to the Welcome Portal and receive a link to complete online enrolment.
If you are under 18 at the time of enrolment (6 January 2021), our International Student Support team will need to complete an under 18 check validating your UK guardian details. You should have received the Under 18 Parental Guidance Form with your offer letter. Please ensure you complete all sections of the form and provide contact details of your UK guardian. We will not be able to grant you access to the Welcome Portal or send you a link to complete online enrolment, until this check has been completed, so we encourage you to provide these details before 6 January 2021. If you have not completed your UK guardian details, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
Under normal circumstances, when you arrive in the UK, you need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) as soon as possible. We advise you to select Coventry University as the collection point for your BRP. If you do this, our International Student Compliance team will contact you to make an appointment to collect your BRP from the Student Centre.
Please note the following guidelines for collecting your BRP from the Post Office.
You must go to whichever Post Office you have selected as your collection point.
Following this, you will need to send the following information/documents to the International Student Compliance team at UKVIcheck@coventry.ac.uk;
- Enter your full name and student ID number in the subject box
- Passport – personal details page
- Passport – vignette page which should include your entry clearance stamp
- If your entry clearance stamp is on another page, you will need to send this in too
- If you do not have an entry clearance stamp in your passport, you will need to send copies of your boarding pass or your flight details
- BRP card – front and back
Please ensure that your scans or photos are clear and in colour and you are not covering any parts of these documents. If for any reason we are unable to accept these documents, we will make contact with you as soon as possible to let you know.
If you are unable to collect your BRP card because you are self-isolating or in quarantine after travelling, please email UKVIcheck@coventry.ac.uk to let us know.
If you started Semester 1 in September and were planning to come to campus, we understand your travel plans may have been interrupted. Your CAS would have stated a deadline of Monday 1 February to arrive in the UK, as we hoped face-to-face teaching would have resumed by this time. The recent restrictions mean that on-campus teaching will not be possible by that date.
We have therefore extended the deadline for you to arrive in the UK to Monday 31 May 2021. You do not need to obtain a new CAS if you plan to arrive in the UK before 31 May 2021 – you can use the CAS you have already been issued to make a Student visa application.
Our International Student Compliance team will make contact with you during the semester to find out when you plan to travel to the UK and will request right to study documentation from you when you arrive. If you choose Coventry University as your BRP collection point, the International Student Compliance team can also make an appointment for you to receive this.
In order to be eligible students are expected to complete at least one semester of their degree in the UK with a Student Visa.
The latest date that students need to have arrived in the UK varies depending upon the course start date:
- Students that began a one year masters course in September 2020 must be in the UK by 6 April 2021 and complete their final semester in the UK to qualify
- Students that began a one year masters course in January 2021 must be in the UK by 27 September 2021 and complete their final semester in the UK to qualify
- Students on courses lasting more than one year finishing in 2022 or later will not have any period of distance/remote learning during the 2020/21 academic year 'held against' them when applying for the Graduate Route. i.e. students can do all of academic year 20/21 remotely if their courser permits and they will also be studying in 21/22
Please note the dates quoted above are for eligibility for the Graduate Route. You should also carefully check the arrival deadline on your CAS.
You can find the latest information in the government guidance document: COVID-19: student sponsors, migrants and short-term students or on the UK Government website.
Further help and guidance
If you experience any issues with your online enrolment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our online enrolment guide supplements what you see on the screens.