Coventry graduates discount
Postgraduate taught (PGT) alumni discount and postgraduate (PGT) academic excellence scholarship 2019 entry
What Funding is available to Coventry University students?
You can help fund your course with a Coventry University PGT Alumni discount worth 15% of your total tuition fee and a PGT Academic Excellence Scholarship worth up to £2000 cash subject to eligibility
This is a 15% discount available on any published course fee to all UK/EU and overseas alumni students who have been awarded an undergraduate degree by Coventry University Group and will be applying for a full-time or part-time Postgraduate taught course. You must be a self-funded student e.g. not sponsored.
UK/EU Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship**
This is a cash scholarship worth up to £2,000 and available to all UK/EU students applying for a full-time postgraduate programme at Coventry University and achieved a first class degree.
How do I apply?
The 15% Alumni discount is automatically applied to your fee account if eligible. This can only be applied once you have enrolled.
Students will be automatically identified for the PGT Academic Excellence scholarship. Eligible students will be notified by email. We will request your bank details. A cash payment will then be made directly into your UK bank account.
- * Students enrolled on to a full-time or part-time taught Masters Course at Coventry University, CU London campus and CU online who have an undergraduate degree awarded within the Coventry University Group will receive a 15% Alumni discount on the published course fee. This includes students awarded their undergraduates by transnational partners holding an undergraduate Coventry University degree award(s).
- **The total incentive, scholarship or discount a student can receive is capped at 30% of the published course fees. Any other award may be reduced in value if you qualify for an Alumni discount (Coventry University alumni students only). The Alumni discount will be applied to your course fees as the primary discount. Where a student receives a combination of incentives, scholarships or discounts, the offerings may be reduced in value due to this cap.
- Students enrolling on a similar or lower level qualification to that previously studied at Coventry University will not be eligible for an alumni discount.
- Please note that if you have already obtained a Masters qualification we cannot consider you for this scholarship as it is available to first time postgraduate students only.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit.
- All approved fee reductions/discounts will be applied after enrolment in that academic year.
- For September intake students, the cash element of the scholarship will be paid in term 2 (February 2020) of your academic year. Please note that this payment date will vary depending on your intake. Further details regarding specific payment dates will be detailed in your offer email letter.
- All scholarships and discounts will be awarded at the entire discretion of Coventry University.
- The total discount a student can receive is capped at 30% of the published course fees.
- Scholarships are only available to self-funded students; sponsored students are not eligible.
- This scholarship is available to all intakes subject to students applying by the deadline stipulated.
- If following enrolment, you change your mode of study from full-time to part-time the PGT Alumni discount and PGT Academic Excellence scholarship will be adjusted and applied on a pro rata basis.
- The University’s decision on the interpretation of eligibility criteria is final and there is no right of appeal. You must comply with all requests for additional information to establish your eligibility in the timeframes specified and you must provide any proofs requested by the stated deadline.
- The University reserves the right to terminate an award and demand repayment of funds already paid in case of disciplinary action against an award-holder. Cases will be considered on an individual basis by the University.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- There is no right of appeal against the University’s decision in relation to your eligibility for an award based on your widening participation or your academic profile. You may make a complaint if you believe that you have not been considered for an award because of a procedural error, or you believe that there has been some other procedural problem with our allocating and awarding system.
- The University reserves the right to amend or withdraw scholarships at any time.
All information regarding the PGT Alumni discount and PGT Academic Excellence scholarship for 2019 is correct at the time of being published, but is subject to change.