Optimisation of Cracks Detection and Evaluation for Flexible Structures Bonded with Optimally Placed Piezoelectric Sensors and Actuators
Eligibility: UK/EU/International graduates with the required entry requirements
Funding details: No funding applicable (self-funded opportunity)
Duration: Full-Time – between three and three and a half years fixed term
Application deadline: 30 June 2021 (4pm GMT)
Interview dates: Will be confirmed to shortlisted candidates
Start date: September 2021
For more information, please contact Dr Ali Daraji.
Coventry University is inviting applications from suitably-qualified graduates for a self-funded PhD studentship in Structural Health monitoring.
The research aims to investigate, from both a numerical and experimental perspective, the active SHM of a composite flat and stiffened plates by beams bonded by optimally placed piezoelectric sensors and actuators and the effects of various parameters have on the evaluation of the degree of damage and position.
Postgraduate Loans ( Masters by Research and Doctoral )
You may be able to get a UK loan from Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales for a Post degree in any subject.
- The successful candidate will receive comprehensive research training including technical, personal and professional skills.
- All researchers at Coventry University (from PhD to Professor) are part of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development, which provides support with high-quality training and career development activities.
- A minimum of a 2:1 first degree in a relevant discipline/subject area with a minimum 60% mark in the project element or equivalent with a minimum 60% overall module average.
- The potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a 3.5 years.
- A minimum of English language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component).
How to apply
All applications require full supporting documentation, and a covering letter – plus one of the following (please select one option):
- For pre-determined projects an up-to 2000-word supporting statement is required showing how the applicant’s expertise and interests are relevant to the project.
- For thematic opportunities a research proposal based within the selected theme/area of approx. 3,000 words is required.
To find out more about the project, please contact Dr Ali Daraji.Apply to Coventry University