PhD by Publication
Coventry University’s new PhD by Publication programme is designed for active researchers who have already produced a number of publications but have not been awarded a PhD.
This route differs from a ‘traditional’ PhD as it allows you to use existing publications to form a research portfolio.
The PhD by Publication route offers two pathways:
- Candidates who have a complete set of existing outputs from previous research will be enrolled on a two-year pathway. You will receive supervision to identify the outputs for your portfolio and complete the PhD submission process.
- Candidates who have a small amount of existing outputs from previous research will be enrolled on a three-year pathway, where you will work with a supervisor to undertake further scholarly or practice-based work and/or produce further outputs before submission.
The portfolio of research outputs must be accompanied by a critical overview, which indicates the coherence of, and rationale for, the submitted work.
The pathway you follow will be determined at application, following academic consideration by the PGR Lead/PGR Tutor (or nominee) and the proposed Director of Studies.
How to apply
Your programme supervision will be conducted by one of the University’s Research Centres. Please ensure your application is made via the correct Research Centre by using the relevant link:
- Centre for Agroecology Water and Resilience
- Centre for Arts, Memory and Communities
- Centre for Built and Natural Environment
- Centre for Business in Society
- Centre for Dance Research
- Centre for Data Science
- Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity
- Centre for Fluid and Complex Systems
- Centre for Global Learning Education and Attainment
- Centre for Intelligent Healthcare
- Centre for Post Digital Cultures
- Centre for Sport, Exercise and Life Sciences
- Institute for Future Transport and Cities
- The Centre for Trust Peace and Social Relations
- The International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship
If you have any further questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.