Sport Coventry’s ‘Team Phoenix’ Programme is a support network made in partnership with Coventry University, to enhance the sporting experience of our Flagship Teams. Coventry University’s Sports Teams & Clubs have an annual opportunity to apply for extra support, above and beyond the experience they normally receive from Sport Coventry.
As well as receiving support, the programme also requires the Team Phoenix members to enhance, develop and improve their individual skills set. The Team Phoenix programme is targeted at those Teams or Clubs that are competing at the higher levels of the respective competitions.
Clubs involved in the programme have access to the following:
- Strength and Conditioning Sessions and programmes, specific to their Club’s sporting requirements.
- Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Services.
- Athlete welfare support.
- Information on Social Media Platform Training.
- Agreed financial assistance.
- Inclusion within the Showcase Programme.
- Training Camps for team building, fitness testing and physically fundamental strength.
- Workshops to support athletes with Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Active Recovery, Social Media activities, etc.
- A dedicated Performance Sports Mentor.
- Provision of a professional and qualified Head Coach.
Our Performance Sports Programme also has a pathway for Clubs that want to achieve Team Phoenix, but haven’t quite met all of the criteria required. We support these Clubs by offering a limited selection of the above benefits within the ‘Phoenix Academy’.
Annual Team Phoenix Awards:
|Annual Team Phoenix Awards:||2017||2018||2019|
|Committee of the Year||Women's Basketball||Rugby League||Men's Football|
|Club of the Year||American Football||Rugby League||Women's Volleyball|
|Most Valuable Player||Grant Thornton(Cricket)||Daniel Jones(Rugby League)||Ed Davis(Men's Football)|
|Best Performance||Karate||American Football||American Football|
Hall of Fame athletes (from 2016/17 season)
- Tyler Slaymaker
- Faustina Daskevic
- Gintare Katkute
- Liga Reinholde
- Natalie Cheung
- Aidan Gubbins
- Charlie Hynam
- Megan Hayward
- Dan Jones
- Fergus Stewart
- Jack Craine
- James Northcott
Competition statistics for Team Phoenix (2016/17 season)
72-2-18 win-draw-loss ratios = 80% win rate
Team Phoenix social media and contacts