Mentor our students and inspire the talent of the future
The Talent Team provides a wide range of programmes to support the employability of Coventry University students.
Our Talent Mentoring programme offers industry professionals an opportunity to help our students develop their career prospects and confidence. The programme takes place twice a year in autumn and spring.
As an industry mentor, you would support your mentee by helping them identify their career development goals and how to achieve these.
Talent Mentoring allows you to mentor students using the online platform Vygo. You can choose how many students you mentor, track your conversations and control when you are available to your mentees. Vygo allows mentors and students to connect safely and meaningfully online, without exchanging personal details.
Benefits of participation
The Talent Mentoring programme provides industry mentors with the opportunity to gain:
- professional benefits of linking to other career areas and developing potential collaborations
- satisfaction from helping another person grow and develop
- an opportunity to review/reflect their own practice and experiences
- exposure to new ideas driven by university students
- development of interpersonal, communication and coaching skills
- an enhanced CV.
Who will I be mentoring?
This programme is currently open to all final-year students across the Coventry University Group. Students may be keen to gain an insight into a particular industry, develop a professional network or to explore career areas of interest.
For mentors to fully engage with the Talent Mentoring programme, we require you to:
- have a minimum two years’ work experience
- complete a short Talent Mentoring training programme, which will provide you with the tools you need support our students
- complete a profile on the Vygo mentoring app to connect with mentees
- conduct a minimum of four mentoring touchpoints during the duration of the two-month programme. Mentoring is virtual and online
- flag up any concerns about the mentee/programme to the Talent Team.
Sign up as a mentor
Register your interest in joining the Talent Mentoring programme by completing the form on our Talent Connect system – use the ‘Mentor sign-in’.
You will be sent details of exact programme dates after you register.
For any queries, please contact the team: email@example.com.