The Sustainable Building Futures project is able to offer any one, or a combination of, the following services fully funded by the Coventry University and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF):
- dedicated business support service at Coventry University;
- academic support for groups or one-to-one fully funded consultancy/knowledge transfer activity;
- specialist support on the use of new sustainable and green building technologies;
- development, testing and demonstration of existing commercial products, software/control systems, and best practice;
- access to state-of-the art equipment, supported by dedicated technical staff;
- access to an Environmental Chamber enabling development and testing of next generation environmental technology products, materials and services (in both real and simulated environments);
- advice on sector diversification and the conformance and integration of environmental technology design and manufacturing processes to environmental standards;
- research into the impact of human factors and behavioural change in relation to the use of environmental technology products, services and information systems.
The Sustainable Building Futures Project offers a number of facilities and technologies available for SMEs to access. Read about these new technologies and how best to use them within your current business practices.
We are also able to provide graduate placements for small- and medium-sized enterprises based in the West Midlands. You can register an interest in this service using our online form.
Just a few days after the first part of the [Historic Buildings Workshop] course I was approached by a contracting firm that asked me to quote on a scheme for cladding a number of tower blocks in the Birmingham area. Whilst I would have initially been interested in the works but would have possibly steered clear, the course gave me enough insight to be able quote on the project and highlight the potential issues and at least steer me into the right direction to get help should I be successful and be awarded the project.