Student Opportunities: Community and Sustainability
Our aim is to encourage and enable all of our students to explore and understand key social challenges, then provide opportunities for you to put this into practise and make real change.
There are lots of ways you can do this at Coventry University, helping you to develop and give back to the local community at the same time!
EXPLORE key social challenges
- Join the Launch Programme to access events and workshops which tackle big social issues such as food poverty, knife crime and sustainable business.
- Understand what our Sustainability team is doing, and follow them on social media for ways to get involved.
- Attend one of the many research events held by our 14 multi-disciplinary research centres and find something to boost your skills and ignite your passion.
- Read more about how the University works with the local community and our Corporate Social Responsibility Framework.
LEARN to be a future leader
- Bring an idea to life through social enterprise by enrolling on one of The Enterprise Hub’s excellent training programmes
- Take part in Enhancing Futures, one of Semester Three’s activities designed to boost your skills, entrepreneurship and personal development.
- Enrol in ‘Be the Change’ with the Centre for Global Engagement or do a short placement in local schools with CUSU.
VOLUNTEER in the community
- Sign up to one of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Student Programmes, such as City Year UK, and spend your placement year working with at-risk young people in Coventry to better their education.
- See the variety of volunteer opportunities open to you with CUSU. Their one-off opportunities, or longer-term programmes such as our Student Wardens, mean you can give as much or little as you like for a cause you really care about.
- Check out our city-centre FabLab and talk to the team about how you could get involved with their community training or upcycling activities.
More information on upcoming opportunities can be found in the Community section of the regular Connections Matter student email. Coventry University and CUSU social media platforms also offer up-to-date information on programmes, events and opportunities.
You can also contact the Corporate Social Responsibility team directly if you have any questions or ideas - we’re always looking for stories of how our students are positively making a difference.