Commercial Law LLB (Hons)
UCAS Code: M221
International Code: FBLU094
Coventry University (Coventry)
3 years full-time
4 years sandwich
This is a proposed new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Please keep checking back on this course page to see our latest updates.
Study level: Undergraduate
Commercial law provides a comprehensive legal framework to support businesses and enable economic growth. This course examines this framework and how the law protects commercial interests while regulating corporate bodies.
The Commercial Law LLB (Hons) course examines the legal mechanisms developed to ensure free-flowing trade and the protection of commercial interests. It also examines how commercial law has evolved to keep pace with changing business practice, whilst also reinforcing ethically and socially responsible commercial behaviours.
Global ReadyAn international outlook, with global opportunities
Teaching excellenceTaught by lecturers who are experts in their field
EmployabilityCareer ready graduates, with the skills to succeed
Why you should study this course
This course aims to help you:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of legal doctrines, concepts, principles, rules and values in the foundations of legal knowledge subjects and in the specialist area of commercial law.
- Develop an appreciation of the context in which law operates, and an understanding of the dynamic nature of law, its uncertainty, the need for reform and proposals for such reform, including how commercial law responds to meet changes in business priorities.
- Develop the ability to apply the legal knowledge and skills acquired to both the theory and practice of law, particularly in a commercial setting.
- Benefit from the opportunity2 to volunteer in the Business Law and Enterprise Clinic, Employment Law Clinic or Advocacy Clinic which provides students with practical legal experience under the guidance of qualified legal practitioners, offering legal advice to businesses and the public.
- Collaborate with other students and legal academics from around the world, previous opportunities to do so have included events such as our annual International Commercial Law conference2.
This is a new course for 2023-24 entry and the course content will be added shortly. Thank you for your patience.