On this course, one of the more recent additions to our course portfolio, you’ll have the chance to learn how modern audiences are engaging with digital content, including exciting new techniques like the location-based media and augmented reality, which lies behind the ‘Pokémon GO’ phenomenon.
We’ll provide a transmedia experience that can help prepare you to produce integrated campaigns and content using multiple platforms, and may support work in a whole host of different industries, including advertising, marketing, publishing, moving image, multimedia, web, social media and ICT.
From the outset, we aim to develop your technical, creative, reflective and analytical abilities, giving you the chance to develop a thorough grounding in research, software and design skills, as well as the project management and professional skills needed in this ever-expanding sector. We offer a range of skills sessions in anything from cinematography to TV streaming, illustration and design, web apps and web coding.
On this course, you’ll be taught by staff with expertise in music and digital composition, sound recording, the influence of digitalisation and the new forms of film production, as well as the author’s rights in relation to collective authorship.
This course has five unique features:
- Staff have a strong track record of collaborative applied research projects with organisations including Jaguar Land Rover, Coventry Telegraph, Rolls-Royce, BBC Big Screens and BT
- Hear from expert guest speakers from the creative industries, including artists, performers, media producers, photographers and journalists who will share their experiences of recording and publishing their work
- Access to high standard professional media equipment via our Media Loan Shop, with equipment ranging from the most basic audio recorders, to a highly professional camera line up, with technicians on hand to give advice and instructions for ease of use
- All of our students are issued with a mobile technology pack – currently a MacBook – to be used in line with the 24/7 mobile learning scheme, and pre-loaded with the latest suite of industry-standard software including Adobe Creative Suite
- A mix of creative and technical skills and knowledge development through a range of modules that take students through the entire software development workflow from concept to user testing. In particular our creative hack lab modules offer the opportunity to tacka project from concept to user testing during a one-week intensive