student wearing glasses looking another person

Payments by sponsors

What is a sponsored student?

If an external organisation, such as an embassy, your employer, or a government organisation, is covering some of or all of your tuition fee, this means you’re a sponsored student.

You’ll need to provide a sponsor letter as evidence prior to enrolment, every academic year.

The evidence must be:

  • On a company letterhead
  • Signed/stamped

The evidence must include:

  • Current date
  • The student’s name and student’s ID number
  • The academic year and course/modules
  • The amount payable (must be in GBP), stating this amount is payable to Coventry University
  • Purchase order number (if applicable)
  • An invoice address if different to the sponsor’s address
  • The contact email address the invoice is to be sent to
  • Contact details
  • Signed/stamped

Sponsored Letters are to be completed by registered organisations and companies only. They should not be used if your fees are to be paid by family members, friends etc., unless you are officially listed as an employee of theirs.

The completed sponsor letter needs to be emailed to

 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021