Coventry University have designed one day learning events to create a face-to-face learning opportunity for health and social care professionals new to, and increasingly working with teenagers/young adults (TYA’s) with cancer.
Who should attend:
All staff who work with TYA’s within varied health and social care/voluntary settings are welcome. For example staff who come into contact with TYA’s with cancer in their work role such as hospital and hospice staff/volunteers, outpatient staff, social workers, youth workers.
- Be given a CPD Certificate of Attendance.
- Be provided with lunch.
- Network, share ideas and learn about what’s available locally and nationally to support them and the patients they care for.
The cost of the event is free, however we reserve the right to request remuneration of £55 to recoup costs in the event of any cancellation.
Topics covered on study days
- Adolescent development and impact of cancer on development.
- Overview of Teenager/Young Adult cancers.
- Impact of Cancer on the TYA with cancer/ family/friends.
- Working with Teenagers/Young Adults- Top Tips!
- Professional boundaries and managing self.
- Meeting the service needs of TYA’S with cancer.
Study Days for 2019/20
There are no planned study days as yet. Should you wish to host an event we will be happy to discuss this with you. Please contact Maria Cable.
We also have a Free E-learning Webapp to help those working with TYA’s with cancer understand the key principles of are when addressing their unique needs.