Doctoral College Governance
The Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability Development is governed by a Steering Committee. The Committee monitors the work of the College and Centre and provides feedback and guidance to the senior team.
The Doctoral College Steering Committee is a Sub-Committee to the University Research Committee, which has devolved authority from Academic Board in regards to Research Degrees and Research activity within the University.
Postgraduate Researchers are represented on a Student forum which is organised through Coventry University Students’ Union. Student Representatives from the Student Forum are also Members of the Doctoral College Steering Committee and University Research Committee and play an active role in within these Committees.
Doctoral College Steering Commitee
The Doctoral College Steering Committee meets three to four times per year with the purpose of overseeing the work of the Doctoral College and Centre, this includes:
- Supporting the development of the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability and Development;
- Support equality and diversity in relation to researchers;
- Take an overview of all training, development and support provided by the College and Centre;
- Overseeing and monitoring of quality assurance and enhancement relating to research degrees including programme/framework and collaborative approvals;
- Consider data from internal and external surveys including:
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey
- Careers in Research Online Survey
- Principal Investigators and Research Leaders Survey.