Contact the University
Coventry University (Coventry)
Get in touch
CPD Admissions Team
+44(0)24 7765 5158
+44(0)24 7765 5989
+44(0)24 7765 7142
+44(0)24 7765 5158
This module is designed to develop students' theoretical and clinical knowledge within the practice of contemporary neurological physiotherapy. Students will have the chance to evaluate the evidence base associated with current neurophysiotherapy practice and will examine its practical applications.
- This module gives students the chance to explore a range of therapy approaches within the multidisciplinary team.
- This module provides students with the opportunity to integrate their learning into their own clinical practice and develop their clinical reasoning skills.
- The principles of current neurological physiotherapy practice,
- How to integrate knowledge into neurological physiotherapy practice,
- Ability to evaluate existing approaches to neurological physiotherapy,
- Assessment, treatment and clinical reasoning skills that can allow for more effective management of people with neurological disorders,
- Effective communicational skills in order to discuss assessment findings and justify treatment options with colleagues.
How will this course be taught
This module will use a variety of teaching and learning strategies. The module content will be delivered through case scenarios, video and client experiences, seminars, practical workshops, directed and self-directed study.
Seminars – 44 hours
Guided student activity – 100 hours
Self-guided student activity – 56 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
- Diploma or Degree in Physiotherapy
- Coursework 1: 20 minute Presentation (40% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: 2500 word Critical Report (60% of module mark)
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of this module will contribute to students professional development within the field of neurological physiotherapy,
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess the qualities and knowledge within the practice of neurological physiotherapy, which can enhance employability and potential to influence clinical practice and service delivery.