Empowering Women Leadership in Higher Education Towards Digitalisation and Globalisation Ages
£77,000 (of which British Council will contribute £50,000)
PI and Project Team Members
The project is funded by British Council and co-lead by Coventry University and Hanoi National University with a consortium of participating Vietnam universities including Phenikaa University and Thai Nguyen University. The project will be delivered in 3 years and aims at providing knowledge and skills for women leaders in HE in Vietnam for empowering women leadership in the context of Digitalisation and Globalisation.
Through the training, seminars, and networks development, the project targets all levels of women leadership in Vietnam Universities, including women head of department, women-led research group, managers, dean, vice-rector, rector and vice president, president in the Universities. By providing Dialogues and Seminars/Workshops, the Project will provide a network to share knowledge and skills from UK and VN, and ASEAN professors and leaders. Through the training and mentoring seminars, the UK professors and leaders in HE will transfer their experience and knowledge in Digitalization and Globalization, especially the skills and knowledge for the women leaders in HE in improving their capacity for a better adaptation with Digitalization and Globalization transition in Vietnam now. After joining the training/mentoring seminars, the participants will continue to develop their improvement plan and receive supports from UK and VN professors and leaders to carry out the plan. These will create a sustainable impact on the Project.
The goals of the Project are largely in line with the strategic objectives of the partner universities to transform into digital and innovation-oriented institutions. By joining the Consortium, all women leaders in these Universities will be direct beneficiaries and able to contribute greatly to the digitalization of the universities.
The project aims to achieve the following impacts with the target beneficiaries:
- Improved awareness of gender issues and challenges facing women leaders in the age of digitalisation and globalisation among stakeholders and the community; especially with female leaders who involve directly in the Project (2/3 members are female leaders)
- Enhancing the digital skills of women leaders in HE for managing a digital university;
- Enhancing the capacity of women leaders in HE in providing personalised/customised services for students and faculty towards digitalisation and globalisation;
- Greater appreciation of female leadership and their contribution to female leaders in university;
- Direct impact on the consortium universities: better awareness and appreciation of the role and position of female leaders in 3 universities;
- Informed decisions to develop and implement digitalisation strategies to empower women leaders;
- Supportive network development to constantly support women leaders to achieve better gender equality;
- Impact on the regions that have benefited from this training program and assess widespread transmission of this project to all regions in Vietnam;
- Impact on Vietnam’s policies on gender equality and female leadership;
- Improve perception of UK, ASEAN countries including Vietnam on gender equality issue.
- The kick-off meeting for the project was organised at National University, Hanoi, Vietnam on 20 Jan 2022.
- The dialogue phase 1 of the project titled “Innovation in higher education and the role of women leadership” successfully took place in Phenikaa University, Hanoi, Vietnam over three days from 6-8 July 2022.
- On 25 November 2022 the International Conference “Strengthening connectivity and enhancing capacity of woman leaders network in the Asean higher education institutions” took place.
- The annual meeting with experts and leaders from different key stakeholders including British Council, Ministry of Education and Training was held on 25 May 2023.