Virtual Reality for Augmenting Creativity and Effectiveness of School Training (VR-ACE)
EU - ERASMUS+
Lead – Coventry University
- Computer Technology Institute, Greece
- University of Turku, Finland
- National Research Council - Institute for Educational Technologies, Italy
- Czech Centre for Vocational Training, Czech Republic
Coventry University team:
1 October 2020 – 31 December 2022
Advanced and innovative ICT technologies like web 2.0 media tools and 3D virtual reality are emerging and can play an important role in assisting both teachers and students to perform a more effective and creative teaching and learning activity. A 3D virtual reality educational environment will be developed in this project and provide an innovative educational infrastructure that offers immersive and efficient learning opportunities for students. The educational infrastructure will help teachers develop their teaching materials in this new 3D virtual environment and be more effective in teaching challenging topics.
- To create a Roadmap at European level on the use of Social Media, Virtual Reality and novel ICT technologies in school education.
- To create guidelines for training with new ICT technologies, Virtual Worlds, social media, gamification, in the form of e-textbooks and presentations or videos. Example of topics that will be covered are: 3D Virtual Worlds and best practices to use 3D Worlds, Web 2.0 tools for school education, Integrating gamification ideas and game-based learning principles in courses, etc.
- To develop a dynamic 3D Virtual World platform that will allow trainers/educators to create their own course inside the 3D World and increase teaching effectiveness.
This project will have a substantial impact on school education and will make it more efficient and more attractive. The consortium of this project expects the project to:
- Improve the skills of teachers and assist them in providing better teaching and explain more appropriately topics and abstract processes with the utilization of innovative ICT tools, 3D and virtual reality, social media and Web 2.0 tools.
- Assist teachers in creating more attractive and creative educational activities with the use of innovative and efficient ICT educational technologies that attract students' attention, promote students’ collaboration and increase their project-based thinking skills.
- Increase students’ knowledge construction and skills development, and assist them to learn more effectively, increase students motivation for studying and students’ performance.
- Enhance the quality of classrooms by using interactive 3D and Virtual World presentations, educational games and educational software efficiently and purposefully.
- Help modernize school education with the utilization of innovative, state-of-the-art educational technologies and assist in the implementation of the principles of European school modernization agenda.
Reports, Good Practices and Roadmaps on the utilization of Virtual Reality, 3D Virtual Worlds, Gamification and game-based learning, Social Media, WEB 2.0 tools and platforms in school education in Europe.
Repository with several courses (as e-textbooks, videos etc.) on Integrating ICT technologies, Social Media and Virtual Reality in School Training.
The 3D Virtual World Educational Platform.