Improvement Science Training for European Healthcare Workers (ISTEW)
The European Lifelong Learning Erasmus programme for multilateral projects.
Seven European HEIs are involved. In addition to Coventry University, these are:
Lead Partner - University of the West of Scotland (UWS)
University of Alicante, Spain,
University of Economics and Innovation, Lublin, Poland,
University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Gr T Popa” Iasi, Romania,
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy,
Faculty of Healthcare, Jesenice, Slovenia.
To develop shared academic and practice based programmes that enable European universities to build improvement capability and capacity within their own healthcare workforce, through engagement with students based on an agreed scope of practice, essential knowledge base, and improvement science competence across partner countries.
The ISTEW end of project conference took place in Alicante on 2-4 September 2015.
The project team were able to share progress to date and present
- Four new accredited evidence informed healthcare improvement science modules
- A new consensus definition of Healthcare Improvement Science
- The evidence on the specific nature of Healthcare Improvement Science in seven European countries
- The current state of Healthcare Improvement Science education in seven European countries
- A framework to evaluate the impact of education on practice
All these sessions and more were streamed live. The abstracts and powerpoint presentations are now available here