Study With Us
- World renowned researchers in their field
- Experience the latest ground-breaking healthcare research
- Brand new facilities
- Interdisciplinary Research
- You will be embedded into our team
- Supportive and collaborative Environment
Stimulating Learning Environment
CIH is based on the 4th floor of the Richard Crossman Building which is a modern and flexible open plan space that includes a café style setting. This space provides an exciting environment which enables all of our research community, staff and Post Graduates, to engage with one another in a collaborative way. The centre will also open, in the autumn of 2020, a brand new facility for healthcare technology research, which includes a Clean Room and Physiological Measurement lab.
Our Academic Experts
We have a thriving and vibrant community of scholars, practitioners and honorary research fellows from across the globe engaged in cutting edge research, and our students are very much a part of this community.
Staff in CIH are internationally recognised and are leaders in the fields of:
- Innovative healthcare technologies
- Physiological measurements
- Bio-signal and medical imaging processing
- Artificial intelligence
- Faith based interventions
- Digital and community-based healthcare interventions in areas:
- Living with long term conditions (cancer, MS, Atrhitis etc)
- Sexual violence
- Prototype design
- Radar sensing for healthcare technologies
- Remote patient monitoring
- Behavioural Change
For further information on their areas expertise please see our staff list.
Extra Postgraduate Opportunities
The Centre for Intelligent Healthcare hosts regular collaborative research seminars, where our PGR community regularly take part and lead on seminars with academic staff. These sessions also include key speakers from the healthcare sector and industry, whom the research centre has strong connections with. As our research centre sits within the Faculty of Health & Life Sciences, there is an annual Research PGR Conference where an exciting programme is developed which focuses on the PGRs research, where you will be encouraged to design a research poster or present. On top of these events, the University also hosts a wide and varied development programme specifically designed for the University’s Post Graduate Community from across the health research centres and are encouraged to attend.
CIH Postgraduate Research Brochure
Learn more about our postgraduate research and download the brochure.CIH Postgraduate Research Brochure