Partnership Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them.
Coventry University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship if a scholarship recipient is found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
Coventry University reserves the right to amend or withdraw its scholarship provision without notice.
Unless the context otherwise requires, a reference within these terms and conditions to Coventry University shall include its subsidiaries.
- Decisions on the award of a scholarship shall be made by an individual or panel selected by Coventry University at its sole discretion (the “scholarship panel”). The scholarship panel’s decision to award a scholarship shall be based on the eligibility criteria and exclusions specified for each scholarship. Unless otherwise specified in such criteria, decisions of the panel shall be based on academic achievements, references, evidence of voluntary work done and such other criteria as the panel deems appropriate.
- The scholarships panel's decisions are final and the panel shall not be obliged to provide reasons for its decisions.
- Where a scholarship is limited to a specific period of time, or a specific number of awards any extension to those limits shall be at the sole discretion of Coventry University.
- Scholarship awards may not be deferred. Each scholarship award shall be awarded to one named individual. Awards may not be assigned and no award may be made in relation to, and Coventry University shall not be responsible for, a scholarship recipient's family members, spouse, children or dependents.
- Whenever requested to do so by Coventry University, scholarship recipients must provide originals (not photocopies) of any transcripts, certificates and any other documents requested as evidence of their eligibility to receive a scholarship. If Coventry University believes that any documents are not genuine, the scholarship award will immediately be invalidated and withdrawn. Coventry University accepts no liability for any such withdrawal of a scholarship, including in circumstances where it holds a mistaken but honestly held belief regarding the authenticity of documents.
- In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions of the scholarship award, all scholarship students must also meet any conditions attached to their academic offer from Coventry University, and must comply with all visa and immigration requirements.
- Scholarship applicants must inform Coventry University immediately upon becoming aware of any fact or matter that makes, or may make, them ineligible to receive a scholarship.
- By accepting a scholarship award you agree to Coventry University using your name and image in its publicity, marketing and recruitment materials, and on its website, including arranging for you to have your portrait taken by a photographer for Coventry University.
- Scholarship applicants must inform Coventry University of any other scholarships or sponsorship they hold or are awarded. Scholarships awarded by Coventry University may be adjusted, deferred or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded to a recipient or proposed recipient of a Coventry University scholarship. Coventry University scholarships are not available as a cash alternative.
- Scholarship recipients must pay all tuition fees by the deadlines set by Coventry University, to the extent that such fees are not covered by the scholarship. Non-payment of these remaining fees may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and full fees being charged by Coventry University.
- Scholarship recipients must satisfactory progress on their programme of study at Coventry University. Coventry University reserves the right to withdraw or require repayment of scholarship awards from recipients who fail to pass some or all of their programme of study.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in all aspects in accordance with English law.