UK City of Culture Scholarship September 2019
About the Award
We want to encourage undergraduate and postgraduate students to build their careers with a Coventry University degree from September 2019.
The prestigious UK City of Culture Scholarship will fund one European student for £5,000 at either undergraduate or master’s postgraduate level. We will only award one of these flagship scholarships this year, and students from a wide variety of courses are eligible. We strongly encourage applicants showing academic excellence and initiative to take advantage of this incredible opportunity.
Applications now open!
- Worth £5,000 for one year
- 1 scholarship available
We will consider each application on its merits, but can only consider applications made through the process below.
We can only consider you for this scholarship after you apply for a degree course. In addition, you must:
- Hold a conditional offer for a qualifying course before the scholarship application deadline for a course run by our Faculty of Arts and Humanities;
- Be normally living in, and be a national of, an EU-27 country at the time of application and enrolment. We consider these countries to be Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain or Sweden;
- Successfully enrol for the September 2019 intake at the Coventry campus of Coventry University
- Not progress to us through our partnership with Cambridge Education Group or ISC London.
You should be prepared to represent Coventry University as a student advocate alongside your studies. We may ask you to help the International Office by providing promotional information, which may include contributing to a blog, videos and interviews.
How to Apply
- To apply for this scholarship, you should complete the application form and send it to us by email;
- You’ll also need to show us why you should get this financial award in a social media video message. Please post a public clip, with a length of between 30 and 60 seconds, on your own Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account. Say that you are applying to Coventry University in September 2019, the course you will study, which country you are from, and why you should get this valuable award. Tag our profile in to your post so that everyone can see your message. We are @coventryuniversityinternational on Facebook; we are @covintstudents on Twitter; and we are coventryuni_int on Instagram. Make sure that your post is visible on the published scholarship deadline, and that you include a copy of a link to your post in your application form;
- You must send copies of your transcripts and diplomas to us by email.
- Please note that that you cannot combine this financial award with any other scholarship from Coventry University. If we were to award you two different scholarships, we will give the one with the greatest benefit to you;
- Coventry University has the sole discretion to make this financial award. We reserve the right to decide the number and value of financial awards;
- This award is for EU fee payers only
- We will make a £5,000 payment for this financial award only once to a student, in February 2020, to a nominated bank account.