This module is designed to synthesise the theoretical and practical components developed through the core physiotherapy module and the specialist modules. Students will have the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings in order to further develop their skills in clinical reasoning and the integration of theory and practice.
- This module meets the international standards for manipulative therapy and allows the students to apply for MACP (Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists) membership.
- The module will assist students in the development of their expertise within their own working environment.
- To reflect upon and evaluate own approach to practice.
- To develop a range of psychomotor skills.
- To evaluate interpersonal and communicational skills.
- To perform patient examination in a safe and effective manner.
- To further develop clinical reasoning skills.
- To demonstrate appropriate selection and progression of a holistic and effective patient-centred management plan.
- To demonstrate the appropriate integration of theory, practice and research in the context of clinical practice.
How will this course be taught
Throughout the module, student activity will comprise of lectures, a placement and self-directed study. A range of specialist placements will be available and students will be allocated a placement in order to suit their individual needs. The clinical work place environment will facilitate the acquisition of further clinical skills and knowledge.
Lectures – 5 hours
Placement – 175 hours
Self-guided student activity – 20 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
- Registered healthcare practitioners (HPC/NMC)
- CSP membership
- Pass in coursework 2 inM29PH and M30PH
- Coursework 1: Clinical Viva (100% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: Clinical Management Portfolio
How will this course enhance my career prospects? How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of master degree modules can enable students/practitioners to proceed with their development as professionals within the field of their own clinical practice/speciality.
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess essential qualities and knowledge within the clinical practice of manual therapy, which can expand their career prospects.