Get in touch
CPD Admissions Team
+44(0)24 7765 5158
+44(0)24 7765 5989
+44(0)24 7765 7142
+44(0)24 7765 5158
This module is designed to synthesise the theoretical and practical components developed through the core physiotherapy module and the specialist modules. Students will have the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings in order to further develop their skills in clinical reasoning and the integration of theory and practice.
- This module meets the international standards for manipulative therapy and allows the students to apply for MACP (Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists) membership.
- The module will assist students in the development of their expertise within their own working environment.
- To reflect upon and evaluate own approach to practice.
- To develop a range of psychomotor skills.
- To evaluate interpersonal and communicational skills.
- To perform patient examination in a safe and effective manner.
- To further develop clinical reasoning skills.
- To demonstrate appropriate selection and progression of a holistic and effective patient-centred management plan.
- To demonstrate the appropriate integration of theory, practice and research in the context of clinical practice.
How will this course be taught
Throughout the module, student activity will comprise of lectures, a placement and self-directed study. A range of specialist placements will be available and students will be allocated a placement in order to suit their individual needs. The clinical work place environment will facilitate the acquisition of further clinical skills and knowledge.
Lectures – 5 hours
Placement – 175 hours
Self-guided student activity – 20 hours
Total activity – 200 hours
- Registered healthcare practitioners (HPC/NMC)
- CSP membership
- Pass in coursework 2 inM29PH and M30PH
- Coursework 1: Clinical Viva (100% of module mark)
- Coursework 2: Clinical Management Portfolio
How will this course enhance my career prospects? How will this course enhance my career prospects?
- Successful completion of master degree modules can enable students/practitioners to proceed with their development as professionals within the field of their own clinical practice/speciality.
- Upon the successful completion of this module students should possess essential qualities and knowledge within the clinical practice of manual therapy, which can expand their career prospects.