Senior Lecturer in Business Management
I am a senior lecturer in Business Management in the School of Strategy and Leadership at Coventry University. Prior to joining the University as a mature student in 2006 and becoming a full time lecturer in 2010, I worked for over 20 years in the banking industry in a variety of different roles including project management, product management and corporate analysis. My main research interests focus on pedagogical issues – particularly how best to help our students develop robust self-efficacy beliefs. Self-efficacy is important as it has been found to have a significant impact both upon educational outcomes as well as employment prospects.
- Postgraduate Certificate with Distinction in Higher Education Professional Practice, Coventry University, 2010
- Management MA with Distinction, Coventry University, 2009
- Business and English BA (Hons), Coventry University, 2008
My main interest is looking at how Universities can support students to develop robust self-efficacy beliefs and related mindsets as a key component of their employability credentials.
External Project funding as follows:
- 2012: HEA Teaching Development Grant. Project title: ‘Supporting students to develop robust self-efficacy beliefs a key component of their employability credentials’. (£6992)
Recent outputs and publications
- Holker, T. (2012) ‘Supporting students to develop attitudes to learning that will strengthen their self-efficacy beliefs and employability credentials’. In HEA Compendium of Effective Practice in higher education retention and success. Ed. by Andrews, J., Clark, R., and Thomas, L. York: Aston University, Birmingham & HEA.
- Business Management BA
- International Business Management BA
- Business Administration BA
- International Business MSc (Dissertation supervisor)
Areas of expertise
- Career development
- Management and leadership