Course Director and Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design
Lisa is a Senior Lecturer and Second Year Tutor for Graphic Design. She has been teaching in HE for 11 years and during this time she has taught both undergraduates and postgraduates in Graphic Design, Graphic Design and Illustration, Media Arts and Design and Media Arts, as well as more broadly across the Art and Design school. In 2004 Lisa was awarded a Teaching Excellence Award. Following this she went onto complete a three year secondment as a Teaching Development Fellow and was instrumental in developing the School’s PDP strategy which was conceived in partnership with another Teaching Fellow to support the University’s Employability and Enterprise strategy. This work practically informs the current curriculum within DVA across all courses and all levels and feeds directly into the employability and internationalisation agenda.
She is a member of various boards for Faculty of Arts and Humanities, including local committees: School Board, Board of Study, the EEE (Employability and Enterprise Enhancement) group, TLRG (Teaching Learning and Retention Group), TALC/pre-TALC (TDFs), the PDP and APT steering group and the Moodle working group.
Her subject specialism is Electronic Art and she has undertaken research and development work in the areas of PDP, as well as working proactively with the other School of Art and Design Teaching Development Fellow to develop pedagogic strategies for embedding PDP and Enterprise and Employability initiatives within the curriculum. Current pedagogic research work includes work into: student motivation and its possible relationship to retention; exploring the use of PDP as a supporting methodology to manage the process of transition into HE, and extending current research into PDP and reflective practice as a holistic strategy which supports creative practice and employability in the creative industries.
The coming academic year sees the development of an ongoing relationship with Central South University in China; this follows a successful visit into School of Art and Design that has resulted in sixteen Illustration, Illustration Graphics and Graphic Design students visiting Changsha for two-weeks of cultural study. The work generated in this time by both Chinese and UK cohorts will be exhibited at the two institutions during the summer.
As well as developing her creative practice, creating works using mixed media – silk screen printing combined with digital technologies Lisa is a founder member of the partnership SME ‘Green Bananas’ which undertakes print and multimedia projects.
- Pg.Cert., HE in Teaching and Learning, Coventry University
- M.A., Electronic Art, Coventry University
- B.A (Hons), Fine Art, Coventry University
- Bleetman, J., and Webb, L. (2012) 'Enhancing Employability through Professional Experience and Personal Development Planning (PDP)'. The International Journal of Learning 15 (10), 191-196. Available from http://ijl.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.30/prod.1930
- Webb, L. (2011) A Practical approach to guiding students through the transition from FE to beyond. CWLLN (Coventry and Warwickshire Lifelong learning Networks) Book and website Available from http://www.teachingshelf.co.uk/
- Bleetman, J., and Webb, L. (2008) 'PDP for Creative Practitioners - Beyond Skills to Employability'. ADM’s Networks Magazine
- Webb, L. (2007) 'PDP - Engaging or Enraging: Promoting the Personalisation of Learning in Art and Design education'. Teachers' Academy Papers, 'ELIA'. Held 12-14 Jul 2007 in Brighton, UK. 188-189
- Webb, L. (2006) 'Implementing PDP in the School of Art and Design'. Impressions magazine