Student Visa Process

Collecting your Student visa

  1. To ensure that you can collect your BRP from Coventry University, you will need to request an Alternative Collection Location (ACL) when you complete your online visa form and enter the appropriate ACL when asked. The ACL for Coventry University is:

    Coventry University (including Coventry University College): 2HE452

    If you need further guidance on the BRP process, and how to enter this information as part of your visa application, please email

  2. If your visa application is approved, you will be issued with the following items:
    - Temporary entrance vignette (sticker) in your passport.
      This will be valid for 90 days from the date that you entered on your visa application.
    - Visa approval confirmation
  3. The temporary entrance vignette will expire within 90 days of the date entered on your visa application. If your vignette expires you will have to apply for a new vignette and provide your biometric information again. You will not need to request a new visa decision or submit a new Student visa application. The replacement vignette application will not be a new visa application decision.

Important - Checking your visa

When you receive your visa approval confirmation letter, please check that the following information is correct:

  • Name and date of birth
  • That you are Student Route Visa 
  • Sponsor Licence Number (SLN) of the institution that you intend to study at (Coventry University's SLN is: BDN68KDUX)

If any of this information is incorrect, ask for it to be changed immediately before you travel to the UK. If there is no time for the error to be corrected before you travel, ask the Entry Clearance Post for advice.

When you receive your vignette, please check that the following information is correct:

  • The start and end dates of the permission are correct (this should correspond with your course start date and end date and the length of stay given after this)
  • That you have been given the correct work permissions

If your visa ends too soon, or if your work conditions are stricter than they should be, or if you have a condition to register with the police when you should not, you can ask for these errors to be corrected before you travel. Alternatively, you can travel to the UK and then request a correction of the visa error with the help of the International Student Support team. Please bare in mind that there is a deadline for when corrections must be made.


 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021