Requirements to apply for a visa

1. Student visa form

Applying in the UK: Apply online using the new “online” application form

Applying Overseas

***Applicants from Cuba, North Korea, and Zimbabwe will not be able to apply online. The paper application form will need to be used.

  • Your Student visa sponsor is: Coventry University
  • Coventry University's sponsor licence number is: BDN68KDUX
  • If you are studying at Coventry University (not Foundation or London Campus) your study address and your Student Visa sponsor's address will be:

Coventry University
Priory Street

  • When filling out the online application, be aware that you will be required to pay by debit/credit card on the website.

2. Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)

If you're a new student joining Coventry University, the Admissions Team will issue you a CAS once you have met the conditions of your offer and paid the required deposit amount.

If you have graduated or completed a course and wish to progress onto a higher course of study at Coventry University, you need to apply for your chosen course of study and your CAS will be issued by your Enrolment Manager once you have met all of the conditions.

If you are continuing on your same course of study (for example, are doing or have done re-sits or have taken a placement year), you will need to complete a CAS request form. Further details can be obtained from the International Office.

3. Passports

You will need to include any passports you own which you have used to obtain entry clearance in the UK, unless it has been returned to the issuing authority. You will need to have a blank page in your passport if you are required to give your biometric information such as fingerprints and a photograph at the visa application centre. You will be told if you need to do this when you apply for your Student/Child Student visa. 

4. Bank statement

If you have not paid all of your course fees, you will need to show the remaining amount that you have not paid has been saved in your bank statement. This amount is found by subtracting the total amount of fees listed on your CAS from the amount of fees that you have already paid (this will also be listed on your CAS).

Along with any unpaid course fees, you will also need to show your maintenance, or living funds, in your bank statement. 

  Coventry Campus London Campus
From 01 December 2020 onwards £1,023 a month for a maximum of 9 months (£9,207) £1,334 a month for 9 months (£12,006)


**Please make sure you are showing the correct amount of fees as stated on the updated Student/Child Student Visa Guidance. 

How to show proof of funds

  • Bank statements must show funds every day for 28 days
  • The funds must be shown on the closing balance
  • The most recent statement must be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of the application
  • You can only use your bank statements or your parents’ banks statements. You cannot use the bank statement of a sibling, step-parent, etc.

If you use your parents’ bank statements you must also include your original birth certificate and a letter from your parents stating that they are willing to sponsor you. The letter from your parents should include:

  • The relationship between you (son/mother, daughter/father, etc)
  • The fact that they give you permission to use their account
  • What course you are studying
  • The date the letter was written
  • Your parent/legal guardian's signature 
  • Translation of letter if not in English

Always remember: you need original versions of everything

Find out more information about documents required to show maintenance.

5. Other documents required (if applicable to you)

  • ATAS Certificate (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) – check your offer letter/CAS if this is required
  • Police Registration Document
  • BRP Card (biometric identity card)
  • Sponsor letter
  • Any other document listed on your CAS

Check which additional documents you may need to send. 

All documents that are not in English must be translated by an authorised translator; you must include the original document, the translation and the full contact details of the translator.  Where you are submitting bank statements from another country you must include a currency conversion of the final balance from the Oanda website in to £GBP. For further information please see the Home Office website.

Documents needed to show money available for the Student Visa

Check which documents are needed to show money available for the Student visa.

 Queen’s Award for Enterprise Logo
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021