International pathway programmes
Our high-quality foundation, international year one and pre-masters courses are for international students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry to their preferred Coventry University undergraduate or postgraduate course. We can support you to achieve the academic and/or English grades you need and help you gain the personal and professional skills required to study at university.
- We are a truly global university – last year, more than 13,000 international students studied with us in the UK, and we have welcomed students from 130 different countries.
- We are ranked Top 30 in the world for international students (QS World University Rankings 2022).
- With multiple intakes each year, you’ll have the opportunity to progress onto your degree without a gap in your studies after successful completion of a preparation programme.
- Successfully completing one of these courses will guarantee progression onto a relevant degree at Coventry University or Coventry University London, subject to meeting the specified entry criteria.
- Our International Student Support team can help you settle in quickly and assist with various issues such as visas and immigration, finance, welfare, trips and social events, working in the UK and general queries.
International Foundation Year
The International Foundation Year is a one-year programme for students who have completed senior secondary education, but don’t yet meet the requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree with Coventry University or Coventry University London.
You will have the opportunity to progress to your chosen undergraduate degree by studying one of the following academic pathways on your International Foundation Year, all designed to prepare you for your future undergraduate degree course.
You can also choose to study the Accounting and Finance or the Business International Foundation Year courses at Coventry University London.
International Year One
The International Year One is designed for students with an IELTS score of 5.5 or above who do not quite have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of an undergraduate degree with Coventry University or Coventry University London, but have a stronger profile than an International Foundation Year student.
The International Master’s Qualifying programme enables you to improve your English while learning the study skills and research methods needed during master’s degree studies. It consists of six modules, each taught over a six-week period. Depending on your current academic and/or English level, you may have the opportunity to join the course at the second or third module, subject to your SELT score and meeting the minimum requirements.
We know how much the costs of tuition fees, living expenses and accommodation are in real terms, so we’ve secured extra financial support to help international pathway students afford a Coventry University degree.
If you enrol for January 2022 and pay your deposit by 17 December 2021 you could receive a £3,000 reduction in tuition fees.Read our full terms and conditions