Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to learn the skills and knowledge you need to develop your entrepreneurship skills? Then the Launch Programme is for you!
The Launch Programme is an interactive programme designed to cultivate entrepreneurship. In this programme, you will learn about the entrepreneurial mindset, business development, marketing, finance, and more. You will also have the opportunity to network with other entrepreneurs and mentors. This comprehensive programme aims to provide participants with the tools, knowledge, and opportunities to explore and realize their entrepreneurial potential.
7 July – 20 July 2024
The Launch Programme is an interactive Entrepreneurship Development programme that covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Ideation and Problem Identification: How to identify pressing problems or unmet needs in the market, and how to brainstorm and cultivate innovative business ideas.
- Value Proposition and MVP Development: How to craft compelling value propositions for startup ideas, and how to create minimum viable products (MVPs) to test those ideas with real customers.
- Company Formation and Customer Acquisition: How to create a startup company, develop a business model that can attract and retain customers, and build a loyal customer base through effective marketing and sales strategies.
- Growth Planning and Diversification: How to think strategically about scaling a startup, explore opportunities for brand development, diversify income streams, and ensure sustainability.
How will this course be taught
The Launch Programme is delivered through a series of interactive workshops, designed to engage participants and help them learn and grow. The workshops are led by experienced facilitators with extensive backgrounds in the business world.
Throughout the programme, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Work on real-world business challenges
- Participate in group activities and discussions
- Receive feedback from mentors and peers
- Practice their business pitching skills
Programme is designed to be a hands-on, immersive experience that will help participants develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the startup world.
Upon completion of the programme we will celebrate your achievements over the 2 week and, you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement and a sharable Digital Badge in recognition of your accomplishments.
Our courses are based on four principles:
- Course content
- Pastoral care and ongoing support throughout the Summer School programme period
- The certificate of attendance is presented on the last day of the programme.
The Coventry University Global Summer School (hereby known as “the Programme”) is open to students, HE professionals and members of the public. In order to apply to the Programme, Coventry University you must be aged 18 or above by the time that the course starts.
For all courses, we require a good level of English language skill in speaking, reading and writing. All courses are taught solely in English. The Global Summer School recommends a TOEFL overall score minimum of 35 and IELTS score minimum 5. If you do not have a valid (within 2 years) TOEFL/IELTS score, please take the English language test and send us your score for Consideration.
You’ll be staying in Coventry University student accommodation as part of your Global Summer School programme. The accommodation consists of a mix of 4 - 12 en-suite bedroom flats, with a shared kitchen. Located just 5-10 minutes from the University and close to supermarkets, restaurants, Coventry city centre, and other local amenities, our student accommodations are perfect for getting to know your new friends on the course.
During your time with us you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Take part in a guided tour of Coventry University
- Enjoy a welcome and farewell meal with the new friends you’ll make on the course
- Participate in social and cultural activities
- Have free time to explore Coventry, Birmingham, Stratford-upon-Avon, or other nearby locales
- Spend time with a university Student Ambassador, giving you the inside information on Coventry
If you have any questions around payment, laptop requirements and more you can consult our frequently asked questions page.